Product Connectivity SpecialistReq # JR - 028983 Location Deerfield, Illinois, United States Job Category Technical Services Date posted 10/15/2020
Are you looking for a career that matters?
We believe every person deserves a chance for a healthy life, free from illness and full of possibility. We see a world full of healing, with viable care options available to those with limited choices today. We envision new ways of providing physicians, pharmacists and nurses with technologies that not only treat chronic diseases, but also work to prevent them. We’re looking for team members who are motivated to learn, grow and innovate, while making a meaningful difference for millions of people around the world.
Learn more about how Baxter is At the Intersection of Saving and Sustaining Lives.
The Product Connectivity Specialist is responsible for implementing one or more of Baxter’s digital products at a customer location(s). Product Connectivity Specialist are highly skilled and equipped to deliver IT based solutions as part of a project team. This role will need to balance customer communications with technical execution in support of the implementation of a medical device.
A successful candidate will:
- Demonstrate outstanding communication skills in the areas of project status, articulation of complex technical concepts in general business terms and written specifications or requirements.
- Accountable for the facilitation of meetings and/or workshop sessions in a customer setting. This role provides technical insights and solutions in support of the sales engagement process.
- May be responsible for project coordination activities and timelines for small to medium sized projects.
- Accountable for the delivery of technical components as part of project responsibilities for implementation of Baxter Digital Products
- Demonstrate knowledge and expertise in the health information eco-system components of a hospital, health network or clinic.
- Design, implement, and support advanced and diverse technical solutions that address complex business requirements.
- Provide technical guidance to other technical personnel.
- Manage technical components of projects.
- Participate in setting strategic technology directions for a given business need.
- Evaluate and recommend products and systems in key technology areas relevant to the delivery of services.
- Work cooperatively with technical personnel in other divisions and functions to accomplish enterprise-wide goals.
- Identify and implement process improvements in the architecture and/or infrastructure of existing systems, processes or tools.
- Remain up to date on new and emerging technologies within area of technical expertise and serves as resource to other Baxter employees
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience required, including 7+ years in a technical environment, with experience as the senior technical resource.
- ITIL Foundations Certified (v3) and understands the Service Management Lifecycle.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Technical expertise and/or breadth in IHE protocol such as HL7 V 2.x, FHIR.
- Technical expertise and/or breadth with IoT technologies such as Augmented Reality, Predictive Analytics or Big Data
- Experience working with EMR providers, EPIC and Cerner, MediTech, Allscripts experience a plus
- Ability to understand and assist in evolution and/or integration of Baxter service applications used in the delivery of solutions to external customers.
- Ability to understand and assist in the response to technology related questions as it pertains to PHI, information security audits, data privacy laws, etc.
- 5+ years of experience in TCP/IP and networking concepts for both wired and wireless networks
- 5+ years’ experience working with data formats of JSON, XML, Strings and Arrays
- 5+ years’ experience working with an object-oriented development language such as Java, Python or Microsoft .net
- 5+ years’ experience working with virtualization environments such as Oracle Box, VMware, Hyper-V
- 5+ years’ experience working with general IT concepts such as operating systems, servers, remote access and configuration management
- Experience with Service Management tools such as Service Now, Peregrine, HP Tools suite including Problem Management, Configuration Management, Project Portfolio Management
- Customer facing
- 40-50% Travel
A Career That Matters
Baxter’s employees are united in a mission to save and sustain lives. We are passionate about
applying scientific innovation to meet the needs of the millions of people worldwide who
depend on our medically necessary therapies and technologies. We focus on increasing access
to healthcare, innovating in crucial areas of unmet need, and pursuing creative collaborations that bring our mission to life for patients every day
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to Americas_TTA@baxter.com and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.