Clinical Center of Excellence Pharmacy Manager – OperationsReq # JR - 041105 Location Deerfield, Illinois, United States (Remote) Additional locations South Dakota (remote); Pennsylvania (remote); Oklahoma (remote); Arkansas (remote); Ohio (remote); North Dakota (remote); New York (remote); Nebraska (remote); Missouri (remote); Minnesota (remote); Michigan (remote); Massachusetts (remote); Wisconsin (remote); Kentucky (remote); Kansas (remote); Iowa (remote); Indiana (remote) Job Category Clinical Date posted 07/07/2021
This is where you save and sustain lives
At Baxter, we are deeply connected by our mission. No matter your role at Baxter, your work makes a positive impact on people around the world. You’ll feel a sense of purpose throughout the organization, as we know our work improves outcomes for millions of patients.
Baxter’s products and therapies are found in almost every hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. For over 85 years, we have pioneered significant medical innovations that transform healthcare.
Together, we create a place where we are happy, successful and inspire each other. This is where you can do your best work.
Join us at the intersection of saving and sustaining lives— where your purpose accelerates our mission.
This is a field-based position that covers the following states: OH, KY, IN, MI, WI, MN, ND, SD, NE, IA, KS, OK, MO, AR, IL.The candidate should reside, or be willing to relocate, to one of these areas.
It is a professional support and consulting position responsible for providing Pharmacy expertise as it relates to the Baxter U.S. Hospital Products (USHP) portfolio of products. Included are all current Drug Delivery, Nutrition, DoseEdge, and generic injectable product lines as well as any potential future product additions. Support is provided to external Baxter customers as well as internal Baxter team members and groups.
The CCoE Pharmacy Manager – Operations serves as a subject matter expert in the following areas:
- Knowledge and understanding of all applicable regulatory requirements related to the preparation and management of compounded sterile preparations (CSPs) and premixed IV medications. This includes USP Chapters <797> and <800>, State Board of Pharmacy regulations, Federal Food Drug and Cosmetic (FD&C) Act Section 503A and 503B, Joint Commission Medication Management Standards, as well as nationally recognized guidelines from organizations such as ASHP, A.S.P.E.N. and ISMP
- The appropriate and optimal use of USHP and competitive products
- Pharmacy operations as they relate to the preparation and management of CSPs and premixed IV medications
- The assessment of strengths and weakness of potential new products that could be added to the USHP portfolio
- The evaluation of potential issues with existing USHP products
The CCoE Pharmacy Manager - Operations uses the above expertise to:
- Build collaborative relationships with customers including Pharmacy Supervisors, Managers and Directors, VPs of Pharmacy and Chief Pharmacy Officers at both facility and IDN levels to support commercial objectives and foster collaborative partnerships between Baxter and its customers.
- Support internal Sales, Marketing, R&D and Executive Leadership Team initiatives such as new Marketing tools and programs, Sales and Sales Training programs, new product development, product enhancements and commercial strategies.
Works closely with the various USHP Sales Teams to engage in strategic peer-to-peer discussions with key Pharmacy customers at the facility or IDN level to support commercial objectives
Conducts formal on-site Pharmacy consulting engagements to help ensure appropriate and optimal product use. These consulting engagements include:
- An assessment of the IV medication use processes in facility or IDN An assessment of the Baxter product use within those medication use processes
- A comparison of the product use and medication use processes to applicable regulations and guidelines
- The creation of customer-specific recommendations that enhance the safe, effective, efficient and regulatory compliant use of the products within established medication use processes
- The creation of customer-specific recommendations that augment existing Pharmacy operations to help improve the effectiveness of these operations and help ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and guidelines
- Effectively executes internal project tasks according to established timelines
- Actively participates in product training initiatives as needed
- Maintains expert knowledge of Pharmacy practices and trends with a concentration in CSP and premixed IV product usage, and best demonstrated practices for Pharmacy workflows
- Knowledge of Baxter and competitive Pharmacy products, and their appropriate use in the medication delivery processes preferred
- Demonstrated understanding of operational efficiency, productivity, and safety drivers within the hospital Pharmacy environment
- Excellent matrix and influence management skills
- Articulate and comfortable with public speaking and teaching others
- Strong written communication skills
- Strong analytical skills combined with proven business acumen
- Self-starting, independent worker
- High energy with innovative mindset
- Team oriented
- Strong computer skills in Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Must be willing to travel up to 70%
Experience and/or Education
- Registered Pharmacist (B.S. or Pharm.D.) with a minimum of 7 years of clinical and operational experience in an acute care Pharmacy
- Prior hospital Pharmacy management and/or Pharmacy operations consulting experience preferred
- Prior industry experience preferred
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities globally. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please click on the link here and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.