Group Manager, Digital Health - Connectivity & PlatformsReq # JR - 019651 Location Deerfield, Illinois, United States Job Category Marketing Date posted 04/09/2020
Are you looking for a career that matters?
We believe every person deserves a chance for a healthy life, free from illness and full of possibility. We see a world full of healing, with viable care options available to those with limited choices today. We envision new ways of providing physicians, pharmacists and nurses with technologies that not only treat chronic diseases, but also work to prevent them. We’re looking for team members who are motivated to learn, grow and innovate, while making a meaningful difference for millions of people around the world.
Learn more about how Baxter is At the Intersection of Saving and Sustaining Lives.
Baxter is rapidly growing its Digital Health focus and portfolio. An ideal candidate will be comfortable operating in a fast-paced environment, bring a unique lens of strategic and technical healthcare expertise to the table, and be an articulate and passionate internal change agent for Digital Health and digital transformation.
- The Group Manager, Connectivity & Platforms leads strategy and product management for medical device connectivity and healthcare software platforms for the Baxter Digital Health organization.
- The Digital Health group focuses on enabling Baxter’s global business units to deliver impactful digital solutions that transform how our customers deliver healthcare
- This role will establish the enterprise interoperability, device connectivity, and digital health software platform approach across Baxter’s various business units.
- Our connectivity strategy focuses on unlocking data from our products to power our pipeline of digital health products while enabling our customers easy access to crucial device information. Success in this area realizes Baxter’s focus on turning our data into a strategic asset across the organization.
- Our platform strategy looks to deliver a user-friendly cloud-based platform that accelerates development and delivery of our digital health pipeline, enabling delivery of solutions like clinical decision support, digital diagnostic, and predictive analytics. Success in this area reduces the cost and time deliver digital products to market while enabling optimal CX across different care environments.
- This role will collaborate with internal stakeholders to build the strategy for each of these areas, establish a roadmap and execution plan, and work with technical and commercial teams to build and integrate these elements into business pipelines.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Establish enterprise device connectivity and interoperability strategy. Internally communicate and champion approach. Become an interoperability authority and resource to internal stakeholders.
- Lead platform product strategy and development. Prioritize work, capabilities, and components. Establish and own platform roadmap. Work closely with technical and business units on adoption, implementation, and life cycle.
- Work with technical leads to create enterprise clinical data and API strategy
- Support external partnerships to accelerate innovation, including EMRs or PaaS / SaaS solutions
- Serve as the primary point-of-contact and “thought partner” for global business units to support problem identification and identify potential digital technology solutions.
- Global travel up to 25%
- Leadership experience establishing and executing digital product strategy a dynamic and white space environment
- Software platform strategy and development success towards a global, cloud based, healthcare PaaS
- Deep understanding of healthcare interoperability, enterprise software and services, API integration, medical device integration, IoT, and UX (mobile or software).
- Best practice understanding of HL7 v2, HL7 CDA, IHE Profiles and FHIR protocols
- Working knowledge of medical device regulation, quality, data privacy (HIPAA / GDPR) and residency requirements
- Ability to lead in a matrix environments
- Strong communication, collaboration, and influence skills; able to manage ambiguity and drive outcomes in complex organizational contexts
- Able to write clear and concise documentation, excellent written and spoken communication with superb presentation skills
- Experience building and shipping health IT applications incorporating: clinical decision support, predictive analytics, or machine learning / artificial intelligence preferred
- Working knowledge of Agile development in a regulated environment preferred
- Experience with product & process development under QMS processes (ISO9001, ISO13485, CFR) preferred
- Experience with DevOps practices and CI/CD tools and process preferred
- Bachelor's degree in business, computer science, or related discipline; Master's degree preferred
- 7+ years in medtech, health IT, life science, pharmaceutical or technology industry
- 5+ years’ experience in healthcare product management
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to Americas_TTA@baxter.com and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.