Senior Systems AnalystReq # JR - 072859 Location Costa Rica (Remote) Job Category Information Technology Date posted 06/28/2022
This is where you save and sustain lives
At Baxter, we are deeply connected by our mission. No matter your role at Baxter, your work makes a positive impact on people around the world. You'll feel a sense of purpose throughout the organization, as we know our work improves outcomes for millions of patients.
Baxter's products and therapies are found in almost every hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. For over 85 years, we have pioneered significant medical innovations that transform healthcare.
Together, we create a place where we are happy, successful and inspire each other. This is where you can do your best work.
Join us at the intersection of saving and sustaining lives—where your purpose accelerates our mission.
Plan and deliver high-quality business systems in accordance with customer requirements and departmental standards. Lead activities in all phases of the SDLC (System Development Life Cycle) including: proposals, analysis, design and development of projects of moderate and / or large size and complexity, as well as lead support teams. Provide effective and efficient leadership by applying the allocated resources to design cost-effective (cost-effective) automation and meet the specific requirements of business customers. Research and stay current in new technologies in search of opportunities to take advantage of the business. Perform any other activity that is requested by your supervisor.
Lead and participate in complex projects from medium to large sizes, with minimal guidance, assign and perform their own tasks and help with tasks assigned to other people working on the same project. Partner with other business and IT teams to complete the job. Mentor and empower others. Solve complex system problems. Participate in technical reviews.
- Participate in all phases of the life cycle of systems development, SDLC (project proposals, definition of requirements, programming, testing, debugging and documentation) with minimal guidance in the analysis, integration and coding of the system. Follow SDLC processes, application processes and quality validation (where appropriate) for large projects.
- Identify, define and design user needs and system requirements for complex systems. Prepare detailed specifications of the programs to be written.
- Solve complex technical problems using strong analytical skills. Identify the root cause of problems and propose solutions to prevent recurrence of the problem.
- Develop requirements testing, prepare and document test data for the most complex systems. Review the testing requirements of other programmers to ensure that test objectives are met. Provide support to production systems, as well as train other analysts and support area to develop the knowledge and skills necessary to better support applications.
- Provide assistance to clients in large and complex projects and applications. Apply the knowledge acquired through multiple clients and recommend alternatives to meet the needs of the business. Understand business processes.
- Participate in the architecture of technical applications and in the integration tasks of the systems. Participate in design review, lessons learned, and pre-installation and post-installation reviews.
- Participate in other IT teams to ensure your projects are implemented using IT standards.
- Participate and define with clients in strategic planning, long-term planning for new or existing systems and technologies.
- Interact with suppliers to solve problems, additionally estimate costs of new requirements of changes in applications, estimate times and schedules for their implementation.
- Prepare and present periodic reports to the management of the department on the development of the activities under its charge and participate in the strategic and operational planning of the department.
- Perform change controls to software or data without adverse impact on the business without having to slow down your process 24 hours for 7.
- Conduct frequent conversations with corporate teams to receive instructions and/or guides. In addition, participate in inter-plant teams in the development and start-up of new projects for the corporate benefit of Baxter.
- Leverage information technology resources and the use of Intelligent Manufacturing Systems (SIM) to maximize plant functionality.
- Manage and support the systems, tools and computing platforms assigned to it to ensure the highest availability and reliability.
- Have excellent knowledge in DBMS (Database Management Systems) and SQL query languages in order to keep the databases of the systems assigned to you in the maximum adjustment.
- Possess a high knowledge of the different manufacturing operations of the plant, in order to be able to design systems that can increase the benefits of the manufacturing process.
- Write the tests for the validation of the systems that are in your charge to ensure that the software developed meets the client's requirements.
- Authorize and approve with your signature documents, correspondence, reports and all those operations or actions that require it because they are under their area of responsibility.
- Comply with plant regulations, including EHS.
- Manufacturing Applications owner (Maximo, Scase, etc.)
- Bachelor in Computer Engineering or Information Systems.
- 5 years of experience in the development of systems and / or application support to solve business problems
- Bilingual English - Spanish.
- Knowledge of computational languages. Such as: visual Basic, Powerbuilder, Forms, cristal and Oracle reports, electronic batch records, and web programming languages.
- Business Intelligence, analytics, Power apps, Power BI, Tableau
- Knowledge of the software tools used in the company, which are assigned to it for its administration.
- Knowledge in Oracle, DB2 and SQL server databases.
- 5 years in analysis and design of computerized systems or equivalent functions
- 5 years in IT project management or equivalent functions
- Scrum and Agile Methodology (desirable)
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.
Recruitment Fraud Notice
Baxter has discovered incidents of employment scams, where fraudulent parties pose as Baxter employees, recruiters, or other agents, and engage with online job seekers in an attempt to steal personal and/or financial information. To learn how you can protect yourself, review our Recruitment Fraud Notice.
Join Our Talent Community
We're grateful for your interest in a career with Baxter, and would like to get to know you. Joining our Talent Community is a great way to stay connected, learn more about Baxter, and help our recruiters find you if there's an opportunity that aligns with your background, skills and interests.Join Now