Senior Supply Chain ManagerReq # JR - 076352 Location Cleveland, Mississippi, United States Job Category Supply Chain Date posted 01/26/2023
This is where you save and sustain lives
At Baxter, we are deeply connected by our mission. No matter your role at Baxter, your work makes a positive impact on people around the world. You’ll feel a sense of purpose throughout the organization, as we know our work improves outcomes for millions of patients.
Baxter’s products and therapies are found in almost every hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. For over 85 years, we have pioneered significant medical innovations that transform healthcare.
Together, we create a place where we are happy, successful and inspire each other. This is where you can do your best work.
Join us at the intersection of saving and sustaining lives— where your purpose accelerates our mission.
Cleveland’s technology and automation are cutting edge. It is the U.S. sole source for plastic pour bottles, glass IV, and various reconstitution devices. This facility has a number of major product lines with a diverse array of automated manufacturing technologies ranging from bottle solution filling, injection molding, tubing extrusion, and device assembly. Our Cleveland plant has been an integral part of Baxter for over 70 years. The work is challenging and rewarding, as Baxter offers competitive compensation and benefits. Baxter encourages and values every employee and believes that all can contribute to advancing healthcare for patients; work to be proud of.
The Senior Manager, Supply Chain manages the day-to-day operation of multiple people leaders, teams and departments to provide end-to-end Supply Chain management. This includes Distribution Operations, Customer Service Operations, Material Planning/Tactical Purchasing Operations, and Plant Production Planning Operations. This position is accountable for the strategic plan for the department(s)/area(s) and sponsors of all projects to achieve business results. Constantly pursues creative ways to improve the operation of the department(s)/area(s). Manages specialized exempt employees and non-exempt employees.
This position is located in Cleveland, MS and is on-site.
What you will be doing
- Adheres to all environmental, health and safety SOPs, policies, and procedures, including any department specific requirements.
- Commit to employee feedback and developmental processes.
- Investigate and resolve disciplinary issues up to and including suspensions and terminations.
- Lead one or multiple functions in the operations department to ensure that customers receive the best possible service at the most effective cost.
- Act as liaison between customers, distribution, internal Supply chain and manufacturing, sales/marketing, finance, and external vendors to manage end to end Supply Chain.
- Accountable for employee compliance with established internal policies and practices, as well as divisional, state and federal healthcare regulatory requirements.
- Develop the function's budgets, key imperatives, and strategic plans. Evaluates various alternatives and makes the decision to ensure the business and customer needs are met.
- Oversee functional talent management objectives are met. Develops plans to handle resource and staffing issues. May be actively involved in recruiting, selection and staffing of teams.
- Set the functional key performance indicators and the overall functional performance objectives.
- Act as the Business sponsor for strategic business imperatives. Drives long-term planning and vision.
- Proactively pursue innovative ways to manage the business.
- Regularly interacts with senior management or executive levels on matters concerning several functional areas, divisions, and/or customers.
- Travel is required.
What you will bring
- Bachelor's Degree required.
- 7 years or more management experience within a customer facing operation, or planning operation.
- Ability to interpret and analyze statistical data and information and financial reports, understand and resolve technical difficulties, interface with internal engineering/technical experts and external technical representatives, manage multiple priorities in a manufacturing plant setting, be resourceful to a large manufacturing department.
- Must have demonstrated excellent leadership, interpersonal, planning and communication skills.
- Customer orientation, collaboration skills and the ability to prioritize major improvement activities.
- Must be able to think innovatively and strategically. Additionally, must be results driven have good project management skills.
- Must have basic English written and oral communication skills adequate to communicate with other team members.
Physical / Safety Requirements
- Duties may require overtime work, including nights and weekends.
- Use of hands and fingers to manipulate office equipment is required.
- Ability to sit, stand and/or walk for extended periods of time.
- Ability to bend/stoop.
- Ability to reach above the shoulder.
- Must meet visual acuity requirements as documented in Baxter Cleveland’s Standard Operating Procedures.
We understand compensation is an important factor as you consider the next step in your career. At Baxter, we are committed to equitable pay for all our employees, and we strive to be more transparent with our pay practices. To that end, this position has a salary range of $112,000 to $216,000 and also includes an annual incentive bonus and equity target. The above range represents the expected salary range for this position. The actual salary may vary based upon several factors including, but not limited to, relevant skills/experience, time in the role, business line, and geographic/office location.
The successful candidate for this job may be required to verify that he or she has been vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to reasonable accommodations for individuals with medical conditions or religious beliefs that prevent vaccination, and in accordance with applicable law.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities globally. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please click on the link here and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.
Recruitment Fraud Notice
Baxter has discovered incidents of employment scams, where fraudulent parties pose as Baxter employees, recruiters, or other agents, and engage with online job seekers in an attempt to steal personal and/or financial information. To learn how you can protect yourself, review our Recruitment Fraud Notice.
Cleveland, MS 38732
United States of America Explore Now
Join Our Talent Community
We're grateful for your interest in a career with Baxter, and would like to get to know you. Joining our Talent Community is a great way to stay connected, learn more about Baxter, and help our recruiters find you if there's an opportunity that aligns with your background, skills and interests.Join Now