Production Technician I (2nd Shift- weekdays 3:00pm-11:00pm)Req # JR - 027975 Location Cleveland, Mississippi Job Category Manufacturing Date posted 11/05/2020
Are you looking for a career that matters?
We believe every person deserves a chance for a healthy life, free from illness and full of possibility. We see a world full of healing, with viable care options available to those with limited choices today. We envision new ways of providing physicians, pharmacists and nurses with technologies that not only treat chronic diseases, but also work to prevent them. We’re looking for team members who are motivated to learn, grow and innovate, while making a meaningful difference for millions of people around the world.
Learn more about how Baxter is At the Intersection of Saving and Sustaining Lives.
- Perform documentation as required and follow GDP procedures.
- Ensure all department procedures are understood and followed.
- Operate and perform machine adjustment and maintain all equipment to meet quality and safety regulations
- Set-up and process all molding machines to the optimum conditions, and make sure the machines are operating within validated operating parameters
- Assist operators in processing and minor troubleshooting
- Ensure that P.M.s are performed routinely on molds, molding machines, and auxiliary equipment
- Thorough knowledge of departmental SOPs, Specs, GMPs, and GDPs.
- Direct and perform mold change-overs and establish cycle sheets
- Ability to perform special projects and assignments.
- Communicate effectively with department personnel and all the support groups (Quality, Mold Shop, and Maintenance) to implement 100% cavitation
- Monitor production to schedule and direct labor efficiency
- Must have working knowledge of AS400 to report production, downtime and scrap
- Lead Process Management Teams, LEAN initiatives, lead 6S, safety and GMP initiatives and special projects
- Must perform all other duties and responsibilities as determined by supervision/management
- Must have knowledge of both plant, quality and department environmental health and safety regulations and comply with said regulations accordingly
- Must be willing to work flexible hours as required
- Lead the daily Tier I meetings in absence of Supervisor
- Lead shift and report shift performance in the absence of Supervisor (downtime, production, scrap
- Enter scrap and production in PRMS
- Conduct GMP Audits and keep the Department “Audit Ready” at all times
- Complete communication pass down sheets from shift to shift
- Perform minor processing adjustments to the Molding machines
- Complete all required Paulson Training
- Complete RJG Systematic I Molding certification
- High School diploma required and a minimum of 3 to 5 years relevant injection molding experience
- Good mechanical aptitude and proficient computer skills
- Ability to formulate plans and solve problems
- Ability to make assess risks and make decisions
- Knowledge of LOTO procedures
- Ability to work flexible hours and overtime as needed
- RJG Systematic 1 Molding Certification a plus
- Meet visual acuity requirements as documented in Baxter Cleveland visual acuity procedure CL-01-01-037
- Audiometric testing and hearing protection are required
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Ability to pull down up to 100 pounds
- Ability to bend/stoop
- Ability to climb ladders
- Ability to step up
- Ability to reach above shoulder
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.