Purchasing ManagerReq # JR - 024131 Location Castlebar, Connaught, Ireland Job Category Purchasing Date posted 07/08/2020
Are you looking for a career that matters?
We believe every person deserves a chance for a healthy life, free from illness and full of possibility. We see a world full of healing, with viable care options available to those with limited choices today. We envision new ways of providing physicians, pharmacists and nurses with technologies that not only treat chronic diseases, but also work to prevent them. We’re looking for team members who are motivated to learn, grow and innovate, while making a meaningful difference for millions of people around the world.
Learn more about how Baxter is At the Intersection of Saving and Sustaining Lives.
The overall purpose of this position is to actively manage the Procurement function at three Baxter sites across Ireland & UK. The Procurement function manages the suppliers and purchasing of all direct and indirect materials at those sites. The position will hold management responsibility for value improvement projects, delivering annual targeted cost savings to the plants whilst ensuring continuity of supply. These value improvement projects will be delivered by alternative sourcing strategies, alternative material strategies and contract negotiation across both local and global suppliers. The position will manage a small local team and will be part of a Global Procurement team which follows a regional and procurement category structure.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Actively manage the buying process for raw materials and packaging in line with specified cost reduction targets, quality and delivery goals.
- Provide technical / commercial assistance to Commodity Buyers to develop awareness of manufacturing processes and improve product knowledge.
- Apply sourcing policy, whilst interfacing between suppliers and entities with respect to specifications and budgets.
- Balance both tactical executions with strategic initiatives necessary to drive cost reduction projects.
- Actively participate in Supplier performance reviews.
- Ensure continuous supply of required goods and materials, communicate any supply problems which may pose a risk or impact on business operations.
- Monitor market trends, competitor strategies and market suppliers.
- Research and evaluate areas of opportunity and reduce costs where possible.
- Negotiate contracts, improved prices and terms of business with suppliers and review opportunities to make business savings utilizing negotiation and procurement best practice tools and methods.
- Assess and evaluate suppliers and undertake performance reviews to ensure contract compliance and manage performance improvement activities.
- Ensure a professional and consistent approach is taken in relation to all supplier relationships.
- Supplier Notification of Change management in close cooperation with QA and SC.
- Ensure compliance to company guidelines, purchasing policies and procedures during supplier negotiations and contracts award process.
- Explore alternate sources for goods and materials.
- Assess tenders and quotations from potential suppliers.
- Proven purchasing experience of min 3 to 5 years, preferably within a regulated manufacturing environment
- Membership of Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply (CIPS) or similar.
- Project management experience would be preferable
- Transparent communicator, with strong negotiation skills
- Ability to work on your own initiative / strong decision-making skills
- Flexible, professional and highly organized
- Analytical and have solid experience with pricing and cost analysis
- Demonstrate on a daily basis the Baxter culture levers (Courage, Simplicity, Collaboration and Speed)
- Proven track record in sourcing and productivity improvement role incorporating project management responsibilities
- Ability to adapt to multicultural and multi-functional environment
- Experience in a highly regulated industry
- Rigor, determination, objectives oriented
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to Americas_TTA@baxter.com and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.