Senior Maintenance TechnicianReq # JR - 053507 Location Bloomington, Indiana, United States Job Category Maintenance Date posted 11/02/2021
This is where you save and sustain lives
At Baxter, we are deeply connected by our mission. No matter your role at Baxter, your work makes a positive impact on people around the world. You’ll feel a sense of purpose throughout the organization, as we know our work improves outcomes for millions of patients.
Baxter’s products and therapies are found in almost every hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. For over 85 years, we have pioneered significant medical innovations that transform healthcare.
Together, we create a place where we are happy, successful and inspire each other. This is where you can do your best work.
Join us at the intersection of saving and sustaining lives— where your purpose accelerates our mission.
The Senior Maintenance Technician works as a key member of a high performance team responsible for supporting daily manufacturing operations and equipment in a pharmaceutical production environment. This position reports to the Manager of Facilities Maintenance. This opening is on the weekend night shift: 7:00 PM - 7:00 AM Thursday, Friday, Saturday. 36 hours work schedule, paid for 40 hours. And, a shift premium applies for working the off shift.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (these are primary responsibilities of the role and the incumbent will perform other duties as assigned)
- Troubleshoot and repair electrical/mechanical equipment failures.
- Identify and implement continuous improvement projects.
- Develop, monitor, and perform preventative maintenance procedures.
- Review and track equipment component failures and help make recommendations for increased long term reliability.
- Maintain appropriate equipment documentation and change control according to internal procedures.
- Participate in spare part analysis and inventory development.
- Installation and startup of new equipment.
Job Requirements (Education and Experience)
- Must have a high school diploma or GED; Technical Associates degree is preferred.
- Minimum 5 years industrial maintenance experience (or equivalent) in a multi craft environment.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook and the ability to use enterprise software (examples include: JDE, BPLM, Pilgrim, Trackwise, etc.)
Physical / Safety Requirements
- Must be able to lift, push/pull, and carry up to 50 pounds.
- May be required to stand for over 4 hours per day.
- Must be able to lift 20 pounds overhead.
- Must be able to wear personal protective as required.
- Duties may require overtime work, including nights and weekends
- Use of hands and fingers to manipulate office equipment and hand tools is required
- Must be able to gown qualify for Grade A/B areas.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities globally. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please click on the link here and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.
Recruitment Fraud Notice
Baxter has discovered incidents of employment scams, where fraudulent parties pose as Baxter employees, recruiters, or other agents, and engage with online job seekers in an attempt to steal personal and/or financial information. To learn how you can protect yourself, review our Recruitment Fraud Notice.
Bloomington, IN 47403
United States of America Explore Now
Join Our Talent Community
We're grateful for your interest in a career with Baxter, and would like to get to know you. Joining our Talent Community is a great way to stay connected, learn more about Baxter, and help our recruiters find you if there's an opportunity that aligns with your background, skills and interests.Join Now