Sr. Project Manager - Acute TherapiesReq # JR - 024901 Location Bengaluru, Karnataka, India Job Category Research and Development Date posted 07/30/2020
Are you looking for a career that matters?
We believe every person deserves a chance for a healthy life, free from illness and full of possibility. We see a world full of healing, with viable care options available to those with limited choices today. We envision new ways of providing physicians, pharmacists and nurses with technologies that not only treat chronic diseases, but also work to prevent them. We’re looking for team members who are motivated to learn, grow and innovate, while making a meaningful difference for millions of people around the world.
Learn more about how Baxter is At the Intersection of Saving and Sustaining Lives.
This section focuses on the main purpose of the job in one to four sentences.
The Project Leader is a servant leader to cross-functional teams and the Global Business Unit.
The cross-functional team members are globally distributed and tasked to deliver new product, sustain existing product. The product focus is on embedded software as well as application software.
The Project Leader facilitates the global teamwork and mobilizes people and resources to deliver on the business targets.
(S)he is further expected to spearhead the cultural transformation to a high-performance product development operation.
This section contains a list of five to eight primary responsibilities of this role that account for 5% or more of the work. The incumbent will perform other duties assigned.
- Lead the teams to delivery project results per customer requirements
- Collaborate with Product Management on project chartering and business case compilation
- Mobilize and lead people, manage resources and budget to deliver on business targets
- Establish solid communication to global stakeholders for a maximum of transparency
- Guide teams in decomposing complex work items to enable Agile project team backlogs
- Prioritize team backlog in collaboration with product management
- Deploy metric based project tracking
- Coach teams to high performance
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. List knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Servant Leader – Must be able to garner respect from his/her team and be willing to get their hands dirty to get the job done
- Enthusiastic – Must be high-energy
- Attitude of empowerment – Must be able to lead a team to self-organization
- Metric Focused - Understand incremental delivery and the value of metrics
- Attitude of transparency – Must desire to bring disclosure and transparency to the business and grow business trust
- Communicative and social – Must be able to communicate well with individuals and teams, locally and remotely on a global-scale
- Facilitative – Must be able to lead and demonstrate value-add principles to a team
- Assertive –Must be able to be a voice of reason and authority, make the tough calls
- Situationally Aware – Must be the first to notice differences and issues as they arise and elevate them to management
- Continual improvement – Must continually be growing ones craft, learning new tools and techniques to manage oneself and the teams
- Conflict resolution – Must be able to facilitate discussion and facilitate alternatives or different approaches
- Change Agent – Must be the catalyst for the teams and is expected to lead the transformation to a fail-fast-learn-fast culture enabling continual improvement throughout the business unit
Include the education and experience that is necessary to perform the job satisfactorily.
- Experience in full software product lifecycle with understanding of the development lifecycle and the various methodologies which support that lifecycle
- Expert knowledge in SAFe Agile, SCRUM, or related frameworks and methodologies
- Current Project Management Certification: Agile and Waterfall (PMI, IPMA, SAFe, CSPO, etc)
- Hands-on experience using Agile Lifecycle Management Tools
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to Americas_TTA@baxter.com and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.