Sr Principal Eng, DisposablesReq # JR - 023936 Location Bengaluru, Karnataka, India Additional Locations 45 Job Category Research and Development Date posted 07/09/2020
Are you looking for a career that matters?
We believe every person deserves a chance for a healthy life, free from illness and full of possibility. We see a world full of healing, with viable care options available to those with limited choices today. We envision new ways of providing physicians, pharmacists and nurses with technologies that not only treat chronic diseases, but also work to prevent them. We’re looking for team members who are motivated to learn, grow and innovate, while making a meaningful difference for millions of people around the world.
Learn more about how Baxter is At the Intersection of Saving and Sustaining Lives.
You will be responsible for developing creative solutions to challenging issues associated with the design, development, and sustaining engineering for our new and existing Disposables for the dialysis product portfolio. The successful candidate will possess solid “hands-on” technical abilities, an excitement and energy for product development, and a passion for their work and the impact it has on meeting the needs of patients. Will own all projects and programs being run for Disposables.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Owns the evaluation, Sustenance and development of Disposables by designing and conducting research programs; applying principles of mechanics, thermodynamics, hydraulics, heat transfer, and materials.
- Ensures successful integration of mechanical design entities with electrical and consumable components. Leads the troubleshooting and problem solving efforts related to mechanical aspects of the design and interfaces with other design constituents. Ensures Systems that are optimized for production, reliability, regulatory compliance and cost.
- Manage a variety of complex issues in associated projects, plans and schedules project implementation. Responsible for defining scope of work for project team.
- Owns development and documentation of mechanical systems architectures.
- Provides leadership to effectively transition products to manufacturing and ensure robust products and manufacturing processes.
- Performs in-depth mechanical engineering analysis and calculations.
- Manages integration of deliverables from sub-system design teams and external partners.
- Resolves competing constraints between interrelated functions (engineering, purchasing, manufacturing, regulatory, marketing, etc.) required to deliver the product to market.
- Defines protocols and conduct the necessary testing required to validate the safety and effectiveness of the design(s). Develop test plans, test protocols, and test reports for product integration testing, also develops the infra required for the testings.
- Develops, modifies, and approves mechanical documentation, specifications and drawings.
- Graduate or Post Graduate in Mechanical Engineering and 10-14 years of experience, including technical leadership. Prior experience in Renal device domain is a plus.
- A demonstrated track record in fluid management and plastics/medical devices hardware development, or highly regulated products such as military hardware.
- A proven track record of management/leadership effectiveness in a fast-paced environment.
- Proven ability to create results within budget, timeline, and product/project deliverables.
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to Americas_TTA@baxter.com and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.