Sr Eng, MechanicalReq # JR - 025917 Location Bengaluru, Karnataka, India Job Category Research and Development Date posted 08/25/2020
Are you looking for a career that matters?
We believe every person deserves a chance for a healthy life, free from illness and full of possibility. We see a world full of healing, with viable care options available to those with limited choices today. We envision new ways of providing physicians, pharmacists and nurses with technologies that not only treat chronic diseases, but also work to prevent them. We’re looking for team members who are motivated to learn, grow and innovate, while making a meaningful difference for millions of people around the world.
Learn more about how Baxter is At the Intersection of Saving and Sustaining Lives.
Baxter provides a broad portfolio of essential renal and hospital products, including home, acute and in-centre dialysis; sterile IV solutions; infusion systems and devices; parenteral nutrition; surgery products and anesthetics; and pharmacy automation, software and services. The company’s global footprint and the critical nature of its products and services play a key role in expanding access to healthcare in emerging and developed countries. Baxter’s employees worldwide are building upon the company’s rich heritage of medical breakthroughs to advance the next generation of healthcare innovations that enable patient care.
• Job Title – Sr Eng, Mechanical
• Location – Whitefield, Bangalore
• Shift – General
- Effectively and efficiently completes assigned mechanical project tasks across a number of projects.
- Develops solutions and approaches to complex problems through application and adaptation of state-of-the-art techniques and sound analysis-based engineering including FEA and experimental tools and methods.
- Organizes and presents technical work and deliverables to project team. Oral and written communication is well planned, organized and has a clear logical flow.
- Ensures successful integration of mechanical design elements into the overall system.
- Creates and maintains design documentation that includes requirements and specifications, engineering reports, and clear, complete, and accurate detailed drawings for engineering and manufacturing purposes, including dimensioned layouts with special fits and tolerances.
- Performs in-depth analyses and calculations including structural, tolerance, load and fatigue life, thermal and heat transfer to ensure consistent performance.
- Defines test protocols and conducts the necessary testing required to verify and validate the work product and design(s).
- Performs troubleshooting and problem-solving efforts related to mechanical aspects of the products associated with field performance and manufacturing.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent (Master’s degree preferred)
- Minimum 5 years of experience in product development and have production manufacturing experience.
- Experience in a regulated industry preferably medical devices and familiarity with ISO 13485, IEC 60601 and ISO 14971.
- Proficiency with MS Office and other office productivity tools.
- Clear and effective communication (written and oral) and presentation skills.
- Extensive experience with Solidworks.
- Demonstrated experience working on electromechanical systems and with external 3rd party contract manufacturers and component suppliers.
- A proven track record of effectiveness in a fast-paced environment.
- Proven ability to create results within budget, timeline, and product/project deliverables.
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent with SolidWorks 3D design software, and additionally ProE/Creo familiarity preferred. Administrator experience highly preferred.
- Solid computer skills: email, documentation and collaboration tools: e.g. WebEx, Teams, Microsoft Office products, etc.
- Self-directed, resourceful, and able to work on multiple projects and priorities.
- Strong organization, attention to detail, and documentation skills.
- Strong hands-on lab skills, and prototype fabrication skills.
- Very adept at grasping and solving complex problems using root-cause analysis techniques.
- Expert knowledge of mechanical part manufacturing processes including injection molding, sheet metal fabrication, casting and machining.
- Strong knowledge of design processes including DFM and DFA.
- Expert knowledge of good engineering drawing practices supported by a strong understanding of geometric dimensioning and tolerancing.
- Very knowledgeable & experienced with analysis methods and tools like FEA.
- Hands on creating, developing and testing designs from prototypes through production implementation.
- Ability to objectively identify technical solutions, and make sound design and drafting decisions.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to Americas_TTA@baxter.com and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.