Program Manager - Medication DeliveryReq # JR - 020399 Location Bengaluru, Karnataka, India Job Category Research and Development Date posted 06/10/2020
Are you looking for a career that matters?
We believe every person deserves a chance for a healthy life, free from illness and full of possibility. We see a world full of healing, with viable care options available to those with limited choices today. We envision new ways of providing physicians, pharmacists and nurses with technologies that not only treat chronic diseases, but also work to prevent them. We’re looking for team members who are motivated to learn, grow and innovate, while making a meaningful difference for millions of people around the world.
Learn more about how Baxter is At the Intersection of Saving and Sustaining Lives.
Baxter’s Medication Delivery business is comprised of life saving products including I.V. Solutions & Containers, Disposables, Hardware and Software devices with revenues of $3B annually.
Program Managers provide business and technical leadership for programs within Medication Delivery, leading teams through the identification, justification, prioritization, initiation, development and implementation processes. A program manager must be a self-starter who is capable of leading multiple complex projects. Communication and ability to work autonomously will be considerably important given functional reporting structure and cross-functional team members may not all be in the same time zone with limited overlap during working hours.
Program managers will lead their teams in financial analysis including market research, cash flow, and capital and program costs. This person will ensure communications occur with stakeholders and partners. They will participate in organizational issue resolution. Program managers will lead the core team to define the milestones to achieve the launch date commitments and identify issues and risks associated with those plans. This person will lead their team in the utilization of product life-cycle management processes. The program manager will lead the formation of the core team and its ability to deliver the program.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Lead programs within the Medication Delivery business unit and interface with a global R&D team
- Project types include Hardware, Software, and Disposable devices
- Be responsible for budget and financial management
- Accountable for core team performance, program schedule and execution, budget commitments and spend
- Leads team in defining program strategies, developing goals, ensuring program scope is defined and controlled, and implementing continuous improvement
- Continuously interacts with all functions and levels of management ensuring effective ongoing communications across teams and stakeholders
- Ensures identification and communication of program risks, development of risk plan and leads core team in the proactive management of risk response strategies
- Anticipates potential conflict situations for proactive solutions and manages conflict situations to result in win-win outcomes
- At the discretion of the hiring manager:
- Minimum Bachelor of Engineering degree or equivalent
- Systems Engineering preferable
- 7 years project management experience and 10 years of product life cycle experience
- Demonstrated success leading multi-site, global projects in the medical products industry
- Business acumen
- Ability to work with cross functional teams: Quality, Regulatory, Medical, Supply Chain, Manufacturing, Service, Engineering
- Ability to work with Commercial team members
- Understanding of Good Manufacturing Practices, Good Laboratory or Clinical Practices and Product Development Process requirements
- Demonstrated competencies in all aspects of program management
- Ability to develop others
- PMI or IPMA or equivalent certification desired (Agile experience preferable)
- Comfortable working with teams spread-out across multiple locations and time-zones
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to Americas_TTA@baxter.com and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.