Principal Engineer - Embedded SWReq # JR - 029914 Location Bengaluru, Karnataka Job Category Research and Development Date posted 11/12/2020
Are you looking for a career that matters?
We believe every person deserves a chance for a healthy life, free from illness and full of possibility. We see a world full of healing, with viable care options available to those with limited choices today. We envision new ways of providing physicians, pharmacists and nurses with technologies that not only treat chronic diseases, but also work to prevent them. We’re looking for team members who are motivated to learn, grow and innovate, while making a meaningful difference for millions of people around the world.
Learn more about how Baxter is At the Intersection of Saving and Sustaining Lives.
Principal Engineer – Embedded Software
This section focuses on the main purpose of the job in one to four sentences.
Baxter has long been on the forefront of developing innovative solutions for patients with kidney disease. This position offers a unique and exciting opportunity to contribute to the embedded software design, development and support of features for Baxter’s CRRT Devices that provides dialysis in ICU environment. You will also be specifically focusing on driving the SW Tools needed for product features & contribution to Tools strategy aligned with product roadmap needs.
The successful candidate will possess solid “hands-on” technical abilities, an excitement and energy for product development and a passion for their work and the impact it has on meeting the needs of patients.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
This section contains a list of five to eight primary responsibilities of this role that account for 5% or more of the work. The incumbent will perform other duties assigned.
- A solid technical understanding of the principles and procedures of software engineering (e.g., SDLC, IEC 62304, CMMI, Agile).
- Participate in CRRT embedded software development activities.
- Create & drive SW Tools Strategy, Tools Architecture & design, development & entire tool chain management including managing the necessary documentation, validation, release, upgrades, migration, version control, administration, obsolescence management, reviews with SW leads, backward compatibility.
- Ensures that the SW Tools strategy is aligned with all stakeholders including marketing/product owner, program management, operations, quality assurance and service.
- Develop SW Tools like Simulators, GUI, Remote test capabilities for an embedded device as needed.
- Responsible for supporting SW releases by needed Tools release planning, estimations, associated risks management.
- Responsible for SW tools renewals, purchase.
- Be passionate about software quality and be prepared to advocate on behalf of good processes and best practices.
- Work as a collaborative team member with global teams.
- Participates in Architecture, Design and Development of other core SW features independently with high quality aligned with the requirements.
- Able to mentor/coach other junior people in the team to drive outcomes.
- Demonstrates good awareness about competitors and industry standards, Open Source Tools used for SW development.
- Responsible for rapid prototyping of highly innovative concepts for concept/feasibility testing.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. List knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Process oriented and demonstrated proficiency in various software development lifecycle methodologies including Agile, Iterative, V-Model, etc.
- Possess knowledge of medical device standards.
- Good experience on Embedded SW Architecture, Design, development, test & integration, debugging techniques.
- Has contributed significantly in architecting & implementing SW Tools & contribution to Tools strategy aligned with business needs.
- Deep and broad understanding of many technological areas below:
- Minimum of 15+ years of professional experience in embedded SW development
- Deep understanding of OS: Linux, Windows, RTOS, VxWorks (good to have)
- Experience on IDE : Visual Studio
- Expert in Programming Languages: C++
, C, HTML, XML
- Expert in Scripting Languages: Python, JS, Makefiles, CMake
- Good understanding of Networking: TCP/IP Layer, Client Server Architectures etc
- GUI development experience on Linux.
- Experience debugging using gdb and demonstrated experience in analyzing complex issues with memory / threading / performance. Experience in using memory profiling tools. Ability to drive structured and methodological analysis for tough issues during development.
- Exposure to Agile methodologies
- Passionate about continuous learning, can do attitude, wears Thinkers Hat, can work collaboratively with diverse teams, leverages current technologies, and believes in process simplification, quality conscious.
- Can influence, communicate with stakeholders effectively.
Background and/or Experience:
Bachelors / Masters .in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering or related field and 10+ years related experience.
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.