Principal Eng, MechanicalReq # JR - 022074 Location Bengaluru, Karnataka, India Additional Locations 45 Job Category Research and Development Date posted 06/10/2020
Are you looking for a career that matters?
We believe every person deserves a chance for a healthy life, free from illness and full of possibility. We see a world full of healing, with viable care options available to those with limited choices today. We envision new ways of providing physicians, pharmacists and nurses with technologies that not only treat chronic diseases, but also work to prevent them. We’re looking for team members who are motivated to learn, grow and innovate, while making a meaningful difference for millions of people around the world.
Learn more about how Baxter is At the Intersection of Saving and Sustaining Lives.
You will lead the development of creative solutions to challenging problems associated with the design of our new and existing infusion system product portfolio. The successful candidate will possess strong technical capabilities, an excitement and energy for product development, and a passion for their work and the impact it has on saving and sustaining the lives of patients.
- Defines design requirements and hardware specifications based on customer or user requirements.
- Contributes to development and documentation of mechanical system architectures.
- Lead the creation and development of designs of complex mechanical assemblies, mechanisms, and component parts for electro-mechanical medical devices meeting performance objectives.
- Adept knowledge on Plastics Injection Molding, Sheetmetal & casting part designs as per mfg. guidelines. Strong knowledge on DFM, DFA is needed.
- Good knowledge on tooling & should have worked with tool developers.
- Good knowledge on good engineering drawing practices.
- Worked on Electromechanical devices.
- Perform in-depth mechanical analysis and calculations including tolerance analysis, load and fatigue life analysis, and thermal and heat transfer modeling to ensure consistent performance in safety critical applications.
- Good knowledge & experience on FEA tools like Ansys, Abacus (Structural- Linear/Non-linear).
- Ensures successful integration of mechanical design elements with electrical and consumable components.
- Completes deliverables related to integration of designs from sub-system design teams and external partners.
- Leads troubleshooting and problem solving efforts related to mechanical aspects of the design and interfaces with other design constituents.
- Ability to convert scope to requirements & develop project plans.
- Able to effectively transition products to manufacturing and ensure robust products and manufacturing processes.
- Improves mechanical and electro mechanical designs to optimize for production, reliability, regulatory compliance and cost.
- Ability to identify risks in design, programs & come up with mitigation plan.
- Resolves competing constraints between interrelated functions (engineering, purchasing, manufacturing, regulatory, marketing, etc.) required to deliver the product to market.
- Defines protocols and conduct the necessary testing required to validate the safety and effectiveness of the design(s).
- Creates and communicates design/test plans, tasks, deliverables and status. Manages time and resources to meet committed schedule milestones.
- A graduate or a post graduate in Mechanical Engineering and 11-13 years related experience. Prior experience in the infusion pump domain is a plus.
- Good knowledge on Agile methodology (scrum) is added advantage.
- Individual should have gone through full product life cycle from concept to post market handling.
- Working knowledge on tooling is preferred / tool designer.
- A demonstrated track record in electromechanical hardware development, preferably medical devices or other highly regulated product domain such as aircraft/automotive/defense industries.
- A proven track record of effectiveness in a fast-paced environment.
- Knowledge and experience using CAD systems for mechanical design and analysis (Solidworks, preferred).
- Knowledge of standards such as IEC 60601, ANSI and ASTM preferred.
- Proven ability to create results within budget, timeline, and product/project deliverables.
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to Americas_TTA@baxter.com and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.