Principal Eng, Design Transfer LeadReq # JR - 022070 Location Bengaluru, Karnataka, India Job Category Research and Development Date posted 06/10/2020
Are you looking for a career that matters?
We believe every person deserves a chance for a healthy life, free from illness and full of possibility. We see a world full of healing, with viable care options available to those with limited choices today. We envision new ways of providing physicians, pharmacists and nurses with technologies that not only treat chronic diseases, but also work to prevent them. We’re looking for team members who are motivated to learn, grow and innovate, while making a meaningful difference for millions of people around the world.
Learn more about how Baxter is At the Intersection of Saving and Sustaining Lives.
You will lead the design transfer activities for our new and existing infusion system product portfolio. The successful candidate will possess strong technical capabilities, an excitement and energy for design transfer development, and a
passion for their work and the impact it has on saving and sustaining the lives of patients.The candidate should resolve difficult problems focused on manufacturing and service. Educating and mentoring the Systems Engineers in interfacing with and transferring designs to manufacturing and service.
- Develop product control specifications and system configurations/bill of materials.
- Contributing to manufacturing work instructions and build protocols, preventive maintenance procedures and service procedures.
- Ensure appropriate traceability between system, subsystem, verification/validation and cross functional deliverables
- Resolve competing constraints between interrelated functions Manufacturing and Service
- Familiarity with medical devices, manufacturing process development, and process validation preferred
- Familiarity with DOORs, HP ALM, TCU, JIRA preferred
- Must possess strong engineering knowledge and experience in disciplines and design principles in electromechanical devices, preferably Medical Devices or other regulated industry.
- Should own the product BOM & should have good knowledge on product configuration management.
- Should have owned in the past proto & verification builds.
- Should have worked on should costing for BOM & related tools.
- Requires strong organization and polished communication skills, with the ability to interface with both technical and non-technical personnel throughout the organization.
- Hands-on experience in product development for at least 3 years in career.
- Good exposure to Solidworks & Solidworks ePDM.
- A graduate or a post graduate in Mechanical Engineering and 10 to 12 years related experience. Prior experience in the medical device domain is a plus.
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to Americas_TTA@baxter.com and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.