Manager HD, DisposablesReq # JR - 023866 Location Bengaluru, Karnataka, India Additional Locations 45 Job Category Research and Development Date posted 07/09/2020
Are you looking for a career that matters?
We believe every person deserves a chance for a healthy life, free from illness and full of possibility. We see a world full of healing, with viable care options available to those with limited choices today. We envision new ways of providing physicians, pharmacists and nurses with technologies that not only treat chronic diseases, but also work to prevent them. We’re looking for team members who are motivated to learn, grow and innovate, while making a meaningful difference for millions of people around the world.
Learn more about how Baxter is At the Intersection of Saving and Sustaining Lives.
You will be responsible for Guiding the team to develop creative solutions to challenging issues associated with the design, development, and sustaining engineering for our new and existing Disposables for the dialysis product portfolio. The successful candidate will possess solid “hands-on” technical abilities, an excitement and energy for product development, and a passion for their work and the impact it has on meeting the needs of patients. Will own all projects and programs being run for Disposables.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Leader of a Design Owning Organisation for Disposables intended for HD Renal Care Therapies. He/She’s part of an organization with local and international - direct and indirect - reporting. Manager of a Group of Engineers located in one site, interacting within a network of several Engineering Centers in the World. Apply Corporate Human Resources processes for the team he/she leads (including but not limited to Performance assessment and promotions, ACE, Development plans)
Assure optimal allocation of team resources in the projects identified by PMO; Define Engineers development plans in order to cover current and future potential gaps in competences. Be the Ambassador of the Company within the team and in every opportunity outside.
1. Manage a variety of complex issues in associated projects, plans and schedules project implementation. Responsible for defining scope of work for project team.
2. Manage, identify, hire, develop and recognize technical staff; the team may include senior level engineers and technicians. Provide technical direction for Sustenance projects including testing activities.
3. Identify and analyze processes/ design problems to achieve optimal solutions that satisfy cost and technical requirements using both internal and external technical resources. Formulate new, innovative approaches to solve technical problems on a consistent basis
4. Review and approve technical feasibility of complex design concepts and analysis of technologies that incorporate own area of expertise as well as multiple disciplines.
5. Review and analyze proposals to determine if benefits derived and possible applications justify expenditures. Recommend proposal to management for consideration and allocation of funds. Responsible for preparation of project cost estimates. Monitors all project expenditures and cost tracking.
6. Responsible for policy setting and defining procedures for the staff in accomplishing and documenting projects. Provides input on overall engineering department policy.
7. Approve protocols and support documentation (engineering change requests, system change forms, etc.) in order to secure project release.
8. Proactively and regularly communicate with regions and plants (directly or through marketing) to update development progress and maintain region support
o Drive the continuous improvement initiatives within the assigned function/Team in alignment with business needs.
o Inclusive leadership – reach across to build effective cross functional partnerships based on trust, embracing diversity
o Authentic leadership - demonstrate sincerity, honesty, integrity, transparent communication
o Operational decision making; ability to simplify the complex
o Ability to influence and resolve conflicts within the assigned function.
o Effective communication – both written and verbal
o Maintains effectiveness when working with limited information or experiencing changes.
Holds an Bachelors/Masters Degree in Mechanical with 15 ~20 years of experience leading teams in areas of Sustenance engineering/Application Engineering/New product development in medical/aerospace domain. Experience with product development, especially in the design of plastic parts and/or packaging/Fluids flow component product designs( like valves/couplers) Has exposure or experience in Simulations( CFD/FEA).
Key Skills and Responsibilities
Must be well versed in engineering disciplines (e.g.fluid flow, thermodynamics, heat transfer, static's and dynamics, engineering materials/Plastics manufacturing techniques). Must possess knowledge of related disciplines. Knowledge of GMPs, FDA guidelines, purchasing practices and process validation. Must be self-motivated, have good interpersonal skills, capable of analyzing and solving complex problems through innovative thought and experience. Ability to drive change initiatives & work in a multi-cultural environment. Proven communication skills and ability to perform in a cross-functional team environment Ability to Coach and guide team members/leaders for all round development. Has demonstrated effective supervisory skills. Demonstrated ability to decompose complex problems into task lists Demonstrated ability to provide technical leadership for engineering projects with substantial complexity and scope Demonstrated ability to draw conclusions and make recommendations based on technical inputs from multiple and varied function (i.e. manufacturing, quality, regulatory, etc.)
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to Americas_TTA@baxter.com and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.