Analyst, ITReq # JR - 028208 Location Bengaluru, Karnataka, India Job Category Information Technology Date posted 10/23/2020
Are you looking for a career that matters?
We believe every person deserves a chance for a healthy life, free from illness and full of possibility. We see a world full of healing, with viable care options available to those with limited choices today. We envision new ways of providing physicians, pharmacists and nurses with technologies that not only treat chronic diseases, but also work to prevent them. We’re looking for team members who are motivated to learn, grow and innovate, while making a meaningful difference for millions of people around the world.
Learn more about how Baxter is At the Intersection of Saving and Sustaining Lives.
System Administration & AWS Sys Ops Resource - Job Description:
Technology: AWS SysOps
Area: Infrastructure, Cloud, Applications Services (ICAS).
Role: L1 Monitoring & Troubleshooting, Server Administration and AWS SysOps.
Python Scripting and Cloud Formation (CFT) Service Catalogue hands on knowledge is a must.
AWS Solution Architect OR AWS SysOps certification is a must.
Required to work in shifts: Yes, (Let us set the expectation as Yes).
Weekend Saturday/Sunday/Holiday Support- Yes.
Working hours - 9 hrs from office (Monday to Friday) & Weekend / Holiday -support can be from remote (WFH).
Experience- -5 to 8 Years.
Good Communication skills, Proactive in working, alerting and quick learner. Ensure an appropriate monitoring and evaluation (M&E) systems/Services is in place and is functioning satisfactorily. Periodically review and revise the system so that it is adapted appropriately to changing operating contexts.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Monitoring and Evaluation Coordination.
- Ensure relevant and timely Monitoring &Evaluation information is provided in user-friendly formats to key stakeholders, including beneficiary communities, CARE senior management and donors.
- Provide training and mentoring for CO staff.
- Act as a focal point to organize and manage monitoring reviews, evaluations and/or After-Action Reviews (AARs).
- Provide temporary support to the CO to establish baselines and set up Monitoring &Evaluation systems suited to the operating context.
- Python Scripting.
- Hands-On experience in AWS CLI troubleshooting.
- Hands-on knowledge in Server administration
- Knowledge on Unix System Operating system.
- Scripting- PowerShell, Python,VB Script etc..
- Should have knowledge on cloud native tools.
- Application modernization / migration through Jenkins,CFT,Service catalogue and various other deployment methods.
Cloud Operations (AWS Sys-Ops) Service Deliverables
Cloud Assessment & Consulting
Mgmt. Tools Description
Recommendation on the basic of audit
Cloud Architectural Best Practices
OS Monitoring Services
Cloud VM Monitoring
Capacity Utilization Monitoring
Infra Resource Utilization
Manual/Automatic Report Generation
"AWS Cloud Watch"
Process Memory Usage
Disk write (KBPS)
OS Account/ AWS Account Management
AWS accounts security
IAM Account Creation and Management
will be handled from
Housekeeping of Snapshot and AMI
Tagging AWS Resources
OS Utilization Report
Monthly Status Report
Reports will be fetched
Weekly Detail Report
Resource Utilization Report
Detailed Billing Report
from Monitoring tools
as on demand.
Service Desk (24*7)
All the Alerts/Mails will be
triggered by SNMP
based on thresholds.
AWS EC2 Backups
Schedule the EC2 Backups
Schedule the EC2
Schedule the AMI and snapshot Backups for EC2 Instances
Restoration of AMI and snapshot Backups
General SOW on AWS Services. -Governance Frame Work
- Sys-Ops will be response to understand the current architecture and the services that are running in AWS.
- Sys-Ops leverages the AWS Account Settings page to manage up to date contact and security information for both the payer and/or linked account/s they manage.
- Ability to download PDF Invoices from the Billing and Cost Management Console
- Ability to enable Billing Reports
- Ability to enable Billing Alerts
- Ability to manage Cost Allocation Tags
- Ability to explain the benefits of Cost Explorer.
- Prior notification should be given before making any changes on the infrastructure/application level.
- All the changes on the AWS infrastructure/services will only be made after proper approvals by end customer.
- Daily snapshot of volumes and AMI’s would be automated as per the customer requirement with the defined retention period.
- Sys-Ops perform assessment of security policies and procedures with gap identification.
- Sys-Ops will ensure that multi-factor authentication is activated on all partner and customer AWS root accounts.
- Sys-Ops will also provide dashboard and advanced reporting capabilities that showcase a service-intelligence approach to monitoring, as opposed to more traditional threshold-based monitoring and handling of events and incidents
- Sys-Ops will integrate with our inbuilt AWS Cloud Monitoring Service and manage various parameters of our account.
- Sys -Ops will manage event/Incident ticket creation and escalation and will immediately logging and time stamping of tickets.
- Sys-Ops will provide SLAs including response times when customer opens ticket/initiates request, time from event or incident trigger to remediation, and turnaround time for customer-initiated changes/requests.
- Monthly review meetings to discuss the performance of their services/SLAs and to share reports with the customer. The purpose is to ensure customers understand the value of a managed solution and recommendations approach; particularly since proactive services that work Hitachi may appear unnecessary to an end customer.
- Sys-Ops will regularly assess AWS infrastructure, cost and highlights opportunities to optimize these costs to their AWS through reporting.
AWS Service Category Support and Troubleshooting:
Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2)
Elastic Load Balancing (ELB)
Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (VPC)
Amazon Simple Storage Service (S3)
Amazon Elastic Block Store (EBS)
AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM)
Amazon Simple Notification Service (SNS)
AWS Cloud Trail
Amazon Cloud Watch (CW)
- Good in English communication (verbal &Written).
- Good learner.
- Right Attitude.
- AWS SysOps / DevOps.
Nice to have skills
- ITSM Knowledge (Incident, Change & Problem Management)
- Cloud knowledge.
- Reporting, Excel, PowerPoint, Macro functions etc..
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to Americas_TTA@baxter.com and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.