Engineer I Manufacturing (MFE5)Req # 22122919 Location Bellevue, Washington, United States Job Category Manufacturing Date posted 05/11/2022
This is where you save and sustain lives
At Baxter, we are deeply connected by our mission. No matter your role at Baxter, your work makes a positive impact on people around the world. You’ll feel a sense of purpose throughout the organization, as we know our work improves outcomes for millions of patients.
Baxter’s products and therapies are found in almost every hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. For over 85 years, we have pioneered significant medical innovations that transform healthcare.
Together, we create a place where we are happy, successful and inspire each other. This is where you can do your best work.
Join us at the intersection of saving and sustaining lives— where your purpose accelerates our mission.
Your role at Baxter
This is where your expertise helps people
You are a problem solver. Complex projects or unexpected challenges are just opportunities to bring your considerable abilities to use. Whether working independently or with a trusted team, you are always ready to tackle a project and work hard to find solutions.
Your talent is needed across a wide variety of fields. As an engineer, you have a wide array of career choices, but are motivated by the opportunity to work in a company that supports innovation, professional development, and a purposeful mission.
The primary focus of this role is to assist our contract manufacturers in keeping pace with our rapid growth and continually improve quality and efficiency. At the same time, you will have the opportunity to expand your software, electrical and mechanical skills through the direct application (or by working with other experts in these areas) to deliver creative processing solutions. This is where you add significant value to our customers, our contract manufacturers, and to Baxter.
This role will provide a solid foundation upon which our manufacturing base can continue to grow rapidly.
We are a team of inquisitive individuals who enjoy a collaborative environment to tackle sophisticated challenges that meet the needs of our patients. We often need to change directions and respond to issues to avoid disruptions in our fast-paced manufacturing environment. Together, we build and maintain a positive work environment.
When you join us, you will work with committed individuals who trust each other to deliver on the tasks at hand. We support innovation and out-of-the-box thinking balanced with collaboration across functions and other teams. Our leadership understands the need for continuous education and provides opportunities for further development.
As a Manufacturing Engineer, you will have the opportunity to lead by example, and enjoy mentoring and learning from others. Here, you are trusted to manage your own time and are given opportunities to grow your career as you wish.
What you'll be doing
- Provide manufacturing expertise during the product development process and collaborate with suppliers and contract manufacturers to ensure the successful launch of new products
- Develop manufacturing process instructions, BOMs, and equipment to efficiently manufacture BardyDx products at contract manufacturers
- Assist in the fabrication of prototype equipment and product
- Contribute to a collaborative environment, helping to establish lean practices across the organization
- Develop or assist in the development of manufacturing equipment
- Develop equipment validation protocols (IQ, OQ, PQ)
- Develop and maintain Master Validation Plans
- Develop and implement lean strategies
- Work with Quality and Regulatory to ensure all standards governing the manufacture of BardyDx medical devices are met throughout the supply chain
- Identify and implement improvements in new and existing processes and workflows
- Oversee design transfer activities for Bardy Diagnostics to our Contract Manufacturers
What you'll bring
- Ability to read and understand mechanical drawings and electrical schematics
- Experience creating manufacturing process instructions and workflows
- Experience supporting manufacturing
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical, Electrical, or Industrial Engineering (or equivalent)
- 0-3 years of experience working in a manufacturing setting
- Experience in the healthcare industry or other regulated industry
- Ability to program in languages relevant to electromechanical test systems
- Minitab or JMP
The successful candidate for this job may be required to verify that he or she has been vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to reasonable accommodations for individuals with medical conditions or religious beliefs that prevent vaccination, and in accordance with applicable law.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities globally. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please click on the link here and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.
Recruitment Fraud Notice
Baxter has discovered incidents of employment scams, where fraudulent parties pose as Baxter employees, recruiters, or other agents, and engage with online job seekers in an attempt to steal personal and/or financial information. To learn how you can protect yourself, review our Recruitment Fraud Notice.
Bellevue, WA 98005
United States of America Explore Now
Join Our Talent Community
We're grateful for your interest in a career with Baxter, and would like to get to know you. Joining our Talent Community is a great way to stay connected, learn more about Baxter, and help our recruiters find you if there's an opportunity that aligns with your background, skills and interests.Join Now