Field Service Technician I - Columbia, MarylandReq # JR - 051177 Location Baltimore, Maryland, United States Job Category Technical Services Date posted 10/04/2021
This is where you save and sustain lives
At Baxter, we are deeply connected by our mission. No matter your role at Baxter, your work makes a positive impact on people around the world. You’ll feel a sense of purpose throughout the organization, as we know our work improves outcomes for millions of patients.
Baxter’s products and therapies are found in almost every hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. For over 85 years, we have pioneered significant medical innovations that transform healthcare.
Together, we create a place where we are happy, successful and inspire each other. This is where you can do your best work.
Join us at the intersection of saving and sustaining lives— where your purpose accelerates our mission.
Every day, Baxter touches the lives of millions of patients and providers worldwide who rely on our essential hospital and renal products and services. You’ll find Baxter’s products and therapies on nearly every floor, in almost every hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. Baxter’s employees are building upon the company’s rich heritage of medical breakthroughs to advance the next generation of healthcare innovations that enable patient care. Our commitment to our mission means we are there when patients and healthcare professionals need us, during the critical moments that matter most.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Adheres to all environmental, health and safety SOPs, equipment, policies and procedures
- Provide dialysis/apheresis instrumentation installation
- Completes installations and repair services within time requirements established by service management
- Provide contract preventative maintenance in accordance with published procedures
- Successfully completes instrumentation training at Baxter training facility
- Provide on-site clinical instrumentation in service
- Provide on-site technical instrumentation in service
- Schedules service calls with customers in accordance with current procedures published by national and regional management
- Provides installation and repair service within time requirements established by service management
- Extensive travel, up to 60-70% travel.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Familiar with data analysis concepts and tools such as Excel
- Basic knowledge of relational databases
- IT knowledge on general connectivity, network integration of devices, wireless protocols, mobile network technologies, software support and cyber security standards
- Understanding the interoperability of devices which share, store and provide access to electronic health information in EMR/EHR/HIS/CIS
- Understanding in Healthcare IT standards and loT technologies
- Excellent Communication
- Ability to exercise independent judgement and draw accurate conclusions based on available information
- Associate’s degree or equivalent in a related field. Minimum of 0-2 years of relevant experience or education. In lieu of degree, more than 0-4 years field service experience.
- All prospective employees for this job will be required to verify that they have been fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by October 31, 2021, subject to reasonable accommodations for individuals with medical conditions or religious beliefs that prevent vaccination, and in accordance with applicable law.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities globally. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please click on the link here and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.
Recruitment Fraud Notice
Baxter has discovered incidents of employment scams, where fraudulent parties pose as Baxter employees, recruiters, or other agents, and engage with online job seekers in an attempt to steal personal and/or financial information. To learn how you can protect yourself, review our Recruitment Fraud Notice.
Deerfield, IL 60015
United States of America Explore Now
Join Our Talent Community
We're grateful for your interest in a career with Baxter, and would like to get to know you. Joining our Talent Community is a great way to stay connected, learn more about Baxter, and help our recruiters find you if there's an opportunity that aligns with your background, skills and interests.Join Now