Warhouse Material HandlerReq # JR - 023419 Location Alliston, Ontario, Canada Job Category Material Handler Date posted 06/30/2020
Are you looking for a career that matters?
We believe every person deserves a chance for a healthy life, free from illness and full of possibility. We see a world full of healing, with viable care options available to those with limited choices today. We envision new ways of providing physicians, pharmacists and nurses with technologies that not only treat chronic diseases, but also work to prevent them. We’re looking for team members who are motivated to learn, grow and innovate, while making a meaningful difference for millions of people around the world.
Learn more about how Baxter is At the Intersection of Saving and Sustaining Lives.
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
Overall coordination of all Raw materials and Work in Process to filling lines, mixing, sub-assembly and Finished goods. They work very closely with packing to ensure the packed product is wrapped, labeled and delivered to shipping.
- Packing support – The material handlers on all shifts are responsible for removing, scanning and storing all of the Finished goods from Packline#1, Packline#2 and PPB packing. They must ensure the product is wrapped safely. The product must be scanned into the AS400 system and all quantities must balance before a batch can be released. The material handler is a certified forklift driver, Operates two machine wrappers and two label applicators. They are also responsible for delivering skids to the line and loading in the skid palletizer.
- Line support – The material handlers print a picklist at the beginning of every day. This picklist will give them the WIP and Raw material requirement needed by production for the day. They need to us the AS400 to find the oldest lot in the racks and deliver before the end of their shift. All items are delivered to cover the next shift. Day shift picks for afternoons etc.. They must be able to prioritize their day to ensure no lines run out of material. The material handler must be a certified reach truck driver.
- WIP support - They are responsible for delivering totes and gaylords to the WIP departments as required.
- 6S Activities as required – Warehouse material handlers are responsible for the all areas of the warehouse including racking, packing and finished goods areas
- Successful completion of High School Diploma or GED
- Manufacturing/Quality experience in a GMP environment
- Logistics – Shipping and Receiving
- Certified Reach and CounterBalance truck
- Demonstrated good attendance in present position
- Demonstrated good performance & good quality in present position
- Utilize Baxter’s Shared Commitments
- Detailed oriented
- Ability to collaborate with a team and work with little supervision
- Strong communication skills
- Demonstrated basic level proficiency with the following computer applications: EBR & JDE & Kronos
- Equipment and tools required are: Reach and Counterbalance Truck
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to Americas_TTA@baxter.com and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.