Sr Spec, PurchasingReq # JR - 051911 Location Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India Job Category Purchasing Date posted 11/18/2021
This is where you save and sustain lives
At Baxter, we are deeply connected by our mission. No matter your role at Baxter, your work makes a positive impact on people around the world. You'll feel a sense of purpose throughout the organization, as we know our work improves outcomes for millions of patients.
Baxter's products and therapies are found in almost every hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. For over 85 years, we have pioneered significant medical innovations that transform healthcare.
Together, we create a place where we are happy, successful and inspire each other. This is where you can do your best work.
Join us at the intersection of saving and sustaining lives—where your purpose accelerates our mission.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Vendor Management (Maintaining approved vendor pool, New vendor development)
- Strategic Sourcing
- RFP/RFQ preparation
- Vendor Qualification, evaluation & finalization
- Scorecard finalization for vendor selection
- Commercial Negotiation
- Contract finalization
- Global Procurement tools implementation
- Collaboration with cross functional team
- Support in any delivery challenge escalation
- Support in Inventory control / management
- Support in budgeting, forecast & PPV monitoring
- Support in Material rejection co-ordination
- Savings initiatives
- Third Party Policy (due diligence)
- GPT (Monthly Savings tracker with status)
- Vendor Audit co-ordination / participation
- Maintain Approved vendors list and Approved Rate contracts with contract details against current approved items / Services.
- Daily co-ordination with planning team for material availability for smooth manufacturing operation.
- Co-ordination with vendors & Regulatory team for Raw material / packaging material or vendor inclusion in regulatory documents.
- Audit handling capability e.g. ISO, any other audit etc.
- Should have adequate knowledge on handling & procuring Narcotic Drug, Psychotropic Substance & Controlled Substance
- Receive URS/RFP/Technical Specification from User.
- Receive PR from User as per the requirements for Supply or Service.
- As per the requirements, to validate the approved vendors for service/supply item.
- To get the Techno/Commercial offer, if rates are not available or rate contract is not available for supply or service.
- Raise purchase order in prevailing ERP as per PR.
- Daily maintain PR vs PO status vs Delivery status in form of MIS.
- Ensure Timely delivery follow ups and long-term dispatch plan.
- Material rejection co-ordination with Supplier & Internal user.
- In case of any query against the invoice raised by vendor and duly verified by stores In charge, co-ordinate with vendor and get the query resolve.
- To prepare the monthly status on (a) PR vs PO statement / PO vs Vendor Invoice Process / Invoices vs Payment/ Open PR, Open PO, Open GRN, Open Advance, Open GR-IR, New vendor code created etc.
- Ensure payment monitoring of vendor and ensure Compliance w.r. to Government norms like MSME Vendor etc.
- Always work as per the training imparted on Baxter E&C, Code of Conduct & Procurement Policies.
- Coordinate with the Logistic Department for smooth process of custom clearance in case of Import materials.
- Check and verify all shipping documents for the smooth transit and delivery.
- Have Weekly meetings with store in charges and Monthly meeting with stakeholders.
- Master maintenance in SAP (Material master, vendor master & local taxation structure, new vendor code creation process in BSM tool)..
- Any other work/role/assignment which has been aligned with Functional HODs on business need basis.
- Financial reporting (e.g. GIT, vendor ledger, GR-IR, Maximo etc.)
- Maximo related activity co-ordination with Global team
Experience: 5+ years of experience in Pharmaceuticals/CROs with SAP or JD Edward ERP system.
Education: Any Graduate/PG.
EEO (Equal Employment Opportunity)
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.
Recruitment Fraud Notice
Baxter has discovered incidents of employment scams, where fraudulent parties pose as Baxter employees, recruiters, or other agents, and engage with online job seekers in an attempt to steal personal and/or financial information. To learn how you can protect yourself, review our Recruitment Fraud Notice.
India Explore Now
Join Our Talent Community
We're grateful for your interest in a career with Baxter, and would like to get to know you. Joining our Talent Community is a great way to stay connected, learn more about Baxter, and help our recruiters find you if there's an opportunity that aligns with your background, skills and interests.Join Now