Night Shift Leading HandReq # JR - 117957 Location Old Toongabbie, New South Wales, Australia Job Category Manufacturing Date posted 11/09/2023
This is where you save and sustain lives
At Baxter, we are deeply connected by our mission. No matter your role at Baxter, your work makes a positive impact on people around the world. You'll feel a sense of purpose throughout the organization, as we know our work improves outcomes for millions of patients.
Baxter's products and therapies are found in almost every hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. For over 85 years, we have pioneered significant medical innovations that transform healthcare.
Together, we create a place where we are happy, successful and inspire each other. This is where you can do your best work.
Join us at the intersection of saving and sustaining lives—where your purpose accelerates our mission.
Leading Hand Night Shift: Monday to Friday 09:30pm-05:30am
The successful candidate will assume the role of Night Shift Leading Handand will join our Old Toongabbie team in a permanent position. Reporting to the Production Supervisor, you will be responsible for supporting the manufacturing operation in their respective department and the daily communications associated with manufacturing processes from both internal and/or external customers.
Lead and support production line team using lean principles to deliver results that meet safety, quality and delivery targets. Train and Develop team as well as individual team members to achieve continuous improvement of team performance.
Duties and Responsibilities Standard work/duties
• Lead “Tier 1” meetings
• Represent team at “Tier 2” meetings
• ACE with line operators • Process payroll.
• Complete batch documentation and related tasks
• Plan and manage labor to meet shift plan
• Raise maintenance work orders and follow up
• Raise critical workorders when required
• Deliver training to new employees
• Perform Competency Assessments
• Relieve Operators during meal breaks or absences
• Lead TPM and 6S activities on the line.
• Work as a member of Tier 1 shift leadership team across the plant. Take turns leading this group of leaders as needed and/or called upon.
• Perform other duties as required
Key Performance Indicators
• Injury rate (injuries per man-hours worked)
• Quality Deviations (procedural non-conformances per man-hours worked)
• Line OEE (shift target hit rate)
• Line Scrap (shift target hit rate)
• Team Engagement score (team survey results) Job Description
EHS & GMP Responsibilities
Compulsory EHS & GMP Responsibilities (Individual Contributor)
• Pro-actively contribute to zero harm workplace for all employees
• Comply with legal and corporate EHS requirements, safe work practices and EHS policies and procedures at all times
• Report all hazards, near misses and incidents as soon as practicable and participate in identifying actions to prevent harm from occurring to our people and/or our environment
• Employees at every level are responsible for quality (GMP) and regulatory performance in the department to ensure quality program is met
• Ensure compliance with government regulations, legal documents and safety and ethical standards, obtaining legal compliance training.
EHS Responsibilities (People Leader)
• Drive culture of zero harm workplace for all employees
• Ensure compliance with legal and corporate EHS requirements, safe work practices and EHS policies and procedures at all times
• Ensure all hazards, near misses and incidents are reported and investigated to identify root cause and ensure actions implemented to prevent harm from occurring to our people and/or our environment
• Ensure all employees trained to perform their roles safely and any regulatory-based training is completed as required
Qualifications, Experience & Skills Qualifications
• Must be able to perform the Primary Function demonstrated by passing the First Competency Assessment and Annual Competency Assessment.
Experience • N/A
• Operate given line competently
• Decision Making & Problem Solving - Able to take action in solving problems using sound judgement.
• Understand and apply Lean Manufacturing principles
• Team performance management
• Training and coaching skills
• Organization Skills
• Strong and effective oral communications skills
• Competent in Written communication skills
At Baxter ANZ, we are focused on being a Best Place to Work where our people can be their authentic self, feel valued and respected. We are committed to a culture where all employees can collaborate and work together effectively. Relationships are a key component in how we operate in Baxter and we share the common traits of being reliable, ethical, caring, having empathy, actively listening to our colleagues as well as being open minded to new ideas and perspectives.
We are proud to be recognised as an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality and winner of the 2021 & 2019 Women in MedTech Award.
Situated in Western Sydney, and featuring and onsite subsidised cafeteria and café, gym, we offer a dynamic and future focused work environment offering workplace flexibility, additional annual leave and a strong value driven culture.
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by law.
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.
Recruitment Fraud Notice
Baxter has discovered incidents of employment scams, where fraudulent parties pose as Baxter employees, recruiters, or other agents, and engage with online job seekers in an attempt to steal personal and/or financial information. To learn how you can protect yourself, review our Recruitment Fraud Notice.
Old Toongabbie NSW 2146
Australia Explore this location
Join Our Talent Community
We're grateful for your interest in a career with Baxter, and would like to get to know you. Joining our Talent Community is a great way to stay connected, learn more about Baxter, and help our recruiters find you if there's an opportunity that aligns with your background, skills and interests.Join Now