Workshop Engineer (12 Month FTC)Req # JR - 119924 Location Northampton, England, United Kingdom Job Category Technical Services Date posted 01/16/2024
This is where you save and sustain lives
At Baxter, we are deeply connected by our mission. No matter your role at Baxter, your work makes a positive impact on people around the world. You'll feel a sense of purpose throughout the organization, as we know our work improves outcomes for millions of patients.
Baxter's products and therapies are found in almost every hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. For over 85 years, we have pioneered significant medical innovations that transform healthcare.
Together, we create a place where we are happy, successful and inspire each other. This is where you can do your best work.
Join us at the intersection of saving and sustaining lives—where your purpose accelerates our mission.
Works as part of a team performing standard engineering work requiring the application of standard engineering techniques, procedures, and criteria. In this role, the candidate supports, solves problems, and continuously inspects, installs, services, and maintains the products in the workshop.
- Based in our Northampton Distribution team in Brackmills, this position works closely with operations, engineering, and quality to ensure successful implementation of new product servicing, change control to existing products/processes, and work on product/process cost savings. Work is closely supervised
- Baxter offers a great benefits package including Health Cash Plan (Company funded), Access to Blue Light Card discounts (retail, restaurants and other services), Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Cycle to Work Scheme, Technology Scheme and Gym Discounts, Improved Pension Plan with added Group Income Protection benefit, Subsidised onsite hot food canteen, 25 days holiday allowance + Bank Holidays (5 additional days of holiday available through purchase scheme)
What you'll be doing:
- Adheres to all environmental, health, and safety SOP’s, equipment, policies, and procedures, including any department-specific requirements.
- Perform routine engineering assignments of related tasks that form part of larger projects as requested by the Supervisor / Manager.
- Engages in a continuous improvement approach to improve quality, efficiency, simplicity, waste (cost) reduction, etc., and implements engineering improvements.
- Responsible for coordinating data and preparing appropriate documentation and ensuring Health & Safety policy is adhered to.
- Monitors hardware devices to assure compliance with approved methods and quality standards.
- Provides telephone assistance to patients and customers where applicable.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
What you'll bring:
- Electronics ONC/HNC qualification or equivalent (preferably medical instrumentation or electro-mechanics)
- 3 years experience in the role
- Driven to deliver high-quality service and independent in completing tasks
- Basic understanding of ESD protection
- Ability to discuss encountered technical or project management issues, both verbally and in written form.
- Ability to solve problems and engineering tasks with some assistance.
- Ability to work as a collaborative team member
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.
Recruitment Fraud Notice
Baxter has discovered incidents of employment scams, where fraudulent parties pose as Baxter employees, recruiters, or other agents, and engage with online job seekers in an attempt to steal personal and/or financial information. To learn how you can protect yourself, review our Recruitment Fraud Notice.
United Kingdom Explore this location
Join Our Talent Community
We're grateful for your interest in a career with Baxter, and would like to get to know you. Joining our Talent Community is a great way to stay connected, learn more about Baxter, and help our recruiters find you if there's an opportunity that aligns with your background, skills and interests.Join Now