Financial Inventory Analyst -Maternity Leave
Req #: 17000A0R_en
Location: Dublin, L IE
Job Category: Finance and Accounting
Date Posted: 11/21/2017 5:02:13 AM
Financial Inventory Analyst
Our employees around the world are connected by an enduring commitment to save and sustain lives. This higher purpose binds us as a company in doing work that matters.
Do you want to know why it is so wonderful to work for Baxter? Go to https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OY89yj_zSIo
Purpose of Role:
Working in a highly customer focused environment; the Financial Inventory Analyst will be involved in the provision of an efficient and controlled service to a variety of Baxter organizations across Europe. Reporting to the Inventory Assistant Manager, the successful candidate will be based at Baxter’s Financial Shared Services Centre in Deansgrange, Co. Dublin.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Monitoring financial transactions and resolving related issues.
- Maintaining Inventory master data including cost and transfer price set up and interface tables
- Monitoring system Inventory integrity reports.
- Performing financial Inventory reconciliations and booking manual journal entries where required.
- Performing the monthly/quarterly process to decide and record financial provisions for slow-moving, damaged or obsolete goods, returns and discards, goods in transit, profit in inventory and LOCOM analysis
- Discussing and proposing resolutions for any issues that arose for Inventory, including liaising with helpdesk for timely ticket resolution
- Replying to ad hoc Inventory queries/emails
- Support business partners as per SLAs
- Participating in month-end/year-end activities
- Preparing and presenting Inventory Balance Sheet Reviews
- Monthly and quarterly reporting including Blackline
- Ongoing liaison with Local Country Finance, Supply Chain and Warehouse Management. Providing these stakeholders with solutions and replies on their queries and issues raised.
- Ensuring all policies, processes and procedures are SOX compliant. Liaison with internal and external auditors.
- Training & support of other staff.
- Other ad-hoc projects and such duties as the management may at times reasonably require (e.g. to achieve continuous improvement).
Who you are:
- Fluency in English.
- Third-Level qualification (e.g. Degree or Diploma), preferably in an accounting-related discipline.
- Minimum of four years in an SSC and/or Inventory environment.
- Strong knowledge of general accounting and double-entry.
- Solid IT skills including knowledge of an ERP system (e.g. Oracle-JDE) and the Microsoft Office suite. Good knowledge of Excel is essential.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills. Ability to communicate with colleagues at all levels in the organisation.
- High attention to detail.
- A capacity for hard work, with high commitment and a “self-starter” approach.
- Proven ability to work and contribute as a member of a team in a challenging and dynamic and multicultural environment
- Strong analytical, troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Studying towards ACCA qualification or similar desired
Key Feature of the Role
At certain times, such as preparing for month end, quarter-end etc, the job holder will be required to work additional hours. This may include working during weekends and on bank holidays.
What we offer
It is a challenging opportunity for you and also a chance to work in a diverse team with a great mix of people. Joining Baxter means joining a team that you can truly learn from! We encourage our employees to develop their skills to meet the demands of an ever-changing work environment, providing them with opportunities to achieve personal and professional goals that will make them valued contributors throughout their careers. If you have an interest in this great opportunity and think you can make a difference then this could well be the role for you.If you want to learn more about career opportunities go to http://www.baxter.com/careers.page
Who we are
Baxter touches millions of lives every day. Our products and services are essential building blocks of healthcare. You’ll find Baxter’s products and therapies on nearly every floor, in almost every hospital worldwide. You’ll find us in clinics and in the home. Patients and providers rely on Baxter for lifesaving renal and medical products.
Our mission to save and sustain lives inspires our work and our commitment to expanding access to care, providing cost-effective healthcare solutions, delivering quality products and advancing innovations for the world.
Our SSC was set up in 2000 and is based in Deansgrange, Co Dublin. We support a number of Baxter’s European businesses. Operations include: accounts payable; accounts receivable; intercompany accounting; general ledger; fixed assets; intercompany; inventory accounting and treasury accounting. Ours is a multilingual and multicultural environment and we take pride in delivering exceptional service to our customers. We can offer a great benefits package including professional examination support and an excellent career path; we are a Platinum approved ACCA employer