Sr Human Resources Rep, Employee Relations
Baxter provides a broad portfolio of essential renal and hospital products, including home, acute and in-center dialysis; sterile IV solutions; infusion systems and devices; parenteral nutrition; surgery products and anesthetics; and pharmacy automation, software and services.
The company’s global footprint and the critical nature of its products and services play a key role in expanding access to healthcare in emerging and developed countries.
Baxter’s employees worldwide are building upon the company’s rich heritage of medical breakthroughs to advance the next generation of healthcare innovations that enable patient care.
Sr Rep, Employee Relations
The Baxter Centralized Employee Relations team delivers effective HR policies, practices and solutions that enable both employee engagement and business success.
The Sr Rep, ER will (i) answer HR questions
and provide clear policy and procedure interpretations; (ii) investigate
complaints, evaluate findings and advise on resolutions; (iii) provide tactical
support on terminations and performance improvement issues; and (iv) evaluate,
refine and ensure compliance with and enforcement of Baxter’s HR policies and
Desired business outcomes this role will be responsible for driving include:
- Increased leader effectiveness through data analytics and business insights
- Positive employee relations
- Decreased employee experience variation
- Mitigate talent risks
- Improve proactive performance coaching and performance turnaround
- Inclusion (in partnership with I&D team)
- Increased efficiency through standard process and tools
- Conduct assessments/audits, investigations, performance improvement, policy interpretation, case management, metrics and system reporting with little to no error
- Regularly review established set of consistent employee experience, ensure minimal risk and exposure to the company and create continual improvement processes
- Working with Sr ER Manager, work to standardize and improve one or more of the Centralized Employee Relations team key processes
- Consult, counsel and teach other team members on effective ways of resolving issues that are supported by Baxter’s policies and guidelines, mitigate risk and drive for optimum employee experience
- Provide coaching and guidance to managers regarding their employees’ performance and assist with creation of appropriate plans with the intention of avoiding or turning around performance
- Demonstrate consultative relationship building, interpersonal and influence skills in dealing with all levels of HR and business management and is effective at quickly establishing credibility and developing working relationships
- Create open and multi way dialogue and partnership in effort to fully understand and embrace all implications of situation at hand and greater risk
- Proactively create open and sustained dialogue sharing value added coaching, in the moment feedback, development and growth for employees at all levels
- Support other key process as required and in scope for the Centralized Employee Relations team.
- 3-5+ years of human resource professional experience working with executives in a large / Fortune 500 Company
- Demonstrated experience in employee relations
- Experience in providing recommendations to corporate and field clients, experience consulting with respect to performance management/improvement is preferred
- Experience in measurement/analytics (data collection, analysis and interpretation) to support fact-based , predictive decision making
- Previous success in influencing without direct authority to effectively manage the needs of multiple variable stakeholders
- Bachelor’s degree required
- PHR/GPHR or equivalent certification preferred
- Must be able to research information and analyze data to arrive at valid conclusions, recommendations and plans of action
- Courage and conviction to challenge status quo and business/HR leader thinking
- Strong consulting skills, influencer and coach
- Problem solving and systemic thinking skills – critical analytics/diagnosis/prioritization skills
- Ability to relate to people at all levels and build trusted relationships
- Strong process orientation
- Strong written and verbal communications
- Ability to navigate a complex matrixed environment
- High ethics and integrity, does the right thing for the business and our employees
- Demonstrates strong intellectual curiosity
- Exercise good judgment in dealing with highly sensitive and confidential information
- Internal Partners include: Business HR, HR COE partners, Legal Counsel, multiple levels of business leadership and Security
- External Relationships include: External research/benchmarking organizations
(evaluating best practices and determine how such practices can be implemented)
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an email to Corporate_Staffing_Deerfield@baxter.com or call 877-229-4748 (877-BaxHR4U) and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.