Req #: 170009SP_en
Location: Round Lake, IL US
Job Category: Manufacturing
Date Posted: 11/10/2017 12:01:21 PM
Summary: This position is responsible for product inspection, packaging, labeling and department cleaning. Independent thinking skills are necessary to assure compliance with Specifications, Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s), GMP’s and Safety of the department and product. Responsibilities vary across a three-shift operation, several distinct manufacturing processes and environments. The knowledge base necessary for this position is not limited to one specific environment or process.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- In-process inspections and quality checks for product defects
- Cleaning of machines and equipment per department SOP’s
- Complete necessary steps to insure proper packaging and labeling of product assisted by automatic packing equipment
- Operating laundry equipment
- Wash/dry clothes
- Rotate to any cell as Operator I when necessary
- Assist Material Handler I in moving freezer carts, pasteurization carts into incubator and operating lift equipment
- Required to maintain attendance in accordance with the RLD Attendance Policy
- Mandatory overtime is required
Work Environment: 5o to 70o degrees room temp, work with hot surfaces, wet environment, chemicals and drug compounds.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- Ability to work independently
- Requires the use of and troubleshooting of the label dispensing equipment
- Good communication skills
- Good documentation skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of standard operating procedures, specifications, and job-specific training materials
Education and/or Experience: High School Diploma or equivalent
Language Skills: Must be able to understand, speak, read and write English in order to comply with necessary SOP’s, SPEC’s, Job-specific training materials, GMP’s, and other manuals.
Mathematical Skills: Basic math skills required.
Reasoning Ability: Decision making in this position is based on existing standard operating procedures as well as ability to use good judgment. This includes the determination of defective product. Independent decision making and responsiveness is necessary for this position and may include prioritizing work and who to ask for assistance when determination of defective product is being evaluated. Resources used to resolve problems may include technicians, supervisors, managers, engineering, quality management, specifications, SOP’s, and manuals.
- Must not be allergic to Penicillin or Cephalosporin Drugs
- Visual acuity of 20/25 Near Vision with or without corrective vision required
- Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds between 6” off the floor to 5’8” to load freezer carts.
- Push/pull up to 30 pounds to move loaded, wheeled, freezer carts with assistance from Material Handler I
- Frequent sitting, walking, standing, bending and squatting
- Frequent reaching between waist and shoulder level during inspection
- Occasional reaching up and out
- Repetitive grasping and movement of hands and fingers
- Must be able to work at machine based speed
Equal Employment Opportunity
As a federal contractor, Baxter is also subject to Executive Order 11246. In addition to prohibiting discrimination, this Executive Order also requires Baxter to be an Affirmative Action employer.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law GINA Supplement
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. Click here for more information, including how to request an accommodation.