Mgr I, Logistics
Baxter provides a broad portfolio of essential renal and hospital products, including home, acute and in-center dialysis; sterile IV solutions; infusion systems and devices; parenteral nutrition; surgery products and anesthetics; and pharmacy automation, software and services. The company’s global footprint and the critical nature of its products and services play a key role in expanding access to healthcare in emerging and developed countries. Baxter’s employees worldwide are building upon the company’s rich heritage of medical breakthroughs to advance the next generation of healthcare innovations that enable patient care.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manages the day-to-day operation of supply chain functions, which may include, but are not limited to, warehousing, distribution, transportation, inventory control, vendor management.
- Drive continuous improvement activities in the areas of warehousing, distribution, or logistics, through various processes and establishes key performance metrics and benchmarks relating to supply chain order fulfillment to measure actual performance against goals.
- Creates and implements plans to ensure all performance measures and objectives are met. Monitor and measure supplier performance and ensures all business requirements are met.
- Promote alignment by understanding and communicating customer needs and requirements throughout the organization.
- Assist in the development and administration of operating budget for all assigned areas.
- Creates and implements integrated and standardized processes among internal functions and with outside suppliers/vendors.
- Manage staffing requirements for the team. Analyzes the resource requirements and establishes plan to meet staffing requirements. Ensures that all talent management objectives are being met through development planning and setting individual and group performance objectives. Also coaches other employees who supervise and/or non-exempt employees.
- Implement programs to ensure compliance with all function, corporate, state and federal regulations as they relate to employment, training, health and safety, quality, pharmacy, warehousing, distribution, transportation, and International Trade and export compliance.
- Proactively address challenges, capitalize on opportunities, and anticipate emerging and future customer, marketplace, and competitive trends
- Demonstrated ability to articulate and lead process change.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, negotiating, interpersonal, and leadership skills.
- Must be results-oriented and have the ability to work with a high degree of independence.
- Demonstrate an ability to assess the impact of short-term decisions on the longer term business goals.
- Must also have project management skills.
Bachelor’s Degree, with three to five years of supervisory or management experience in supply chain management, warehousing, distribution, transportation, or materials planning is required.
A Career That Matters
Baxter’s employees are united in a mission to save and sustain lives. We are passionate about applying scientific innovation to meet the needs of the millions of people worldwide who depend on our medically necessary therapies and technologies. We focus on increasing access to healthcare, innovating in crucial areas of unmet need, and pursuing creative collaborations that bring our mission to life for patients every day.
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.