Production Technician I - 5th shift
Every day, Baxter touches the lives of millions of patients and providers worldwide who rely on our essential hospital and renal products and services. You’ll find Baxter’s products and therapies on nearly every floor, in almost every hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. Baxter’s employees are building upon the company’s rich heritage of medical breakthroughs to advance the next generation of healthcare innovations that enable patient care. Our commitment to our mission means we are there when patients and healthcare professionals need us, during the critical moments that matter most.
Position Summary - Kiefel Production Technician I
The Kiefel Production Technician I is a Salaried Non-Exempt position which contributes to our mission of saving and sustaining lives by supplying, operating and maintaining a Kiefel Machine in addition to inspecting and performing quality checks on the finished bags.
Essential Job Duties
- Operate, monitor and make adjustments as necessary to a Kiefel machine using controls on an electrical control panel (HMI) or by making manual adjustments
- Load and replenish production supplies (i.e. injection sites, tubing, PVC/Non-PVC roll stock and adhesive) at a rate consistent with production needs
- Perform minor routine and preventative maintenance such as alignment adjustments, replacement of machine parts or belts, cleaning and lubrication while supporting Total Productive Maintenance (TPM)
- Perform scheduled quality checks, disposition product, identify any deviations that may occur and take the appropriate action to include stopping production on the machine if necessary
- Inspect finished product and ensure that the quality standards have been met
- Load and secure finished product in mobile closets
- Execute a machine changeover when assigned
- Document required information on manufacturing logs and/or POMS system
- Investigate, identify and correct or escalate any inefficiency in the machine’s performance
- Test, inspect and package Inter-Plant Shipping Orders (IPSO)
- Perform and document scheduled cleaning activities
- Notify the supervisor and take appropriate action if any safety, quality, mechanical or discrepancy issues occur
- Learn, understand and apply rigorous quality standards, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP)
- Sustain a clean and safe work area using 6S principles including maintaining and securing provided tools
- In a Class II Controlled Environment which includes the following dress/gowning requirements: safety glasses or goggles, ear plugs, hairnet, beard cover, gown, shoe covers and gloves (additional PPE required when cleaning).
- Constant or intermittent exposure to elevated levels of noise
- Involves working around equipment and powerful machinery
- Requires occasionally working with chemical cleaners and disinfectants
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must have basic English written and oral communication skills adequate to communicate with other team members.
- Understand verbal and written safety and quality instructions and read and comprehend written work instructions including words and drawings.
- Must be able to perform basic mathematics
- Proficient in how to use a calculator and measurement tools as well as basic hand tools.
- Must have basic computer skills
- CRC (Career Readiness Certification) at the Silver level
- Production Technician or manufacturing experience with duties including preventative maintenance, machine troubleshooting, etc.
- Requires the ability to push/pull up to 50 pounds and stand/walk continuously throughout the shift
- Lifting and carrying up to 50 pounds frequently throughout the shift
- Normal visual acuity required
- Must be able to squat, climb, reach above shoulder level, reach at or below shoulder level, twist and bend at the neck, twist and bend at the waist and balance
Other Duties as Assigned
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Overtime is worked as required
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an email to Corporate_Staffing_Deerfield@baxter.com or call 877-229-4748 (877-BaxHR4U) and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.