Department Specialist - Engineering - 1st Shift
Every day, Baxter touches the lives of millions of patients and providers worldwide who rely on our essential hospital and renal products and services. You’ll find Baxter’s products and therapies on nearly every floor, in almost every hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. Baxter’s employees are building upon the company’s rich heritage of medical breakthroughs to advance the next generation of healthcare innovations that enable patient care. Our commitment to our mission means we are there when patients and healthcare professionals need us, during the critical moments that matter most.
The primary purpose of the position is to coordinate and complete all the “Project Leader” documentation and qualification activities for new equipment installation, changes to processes/equipment, product changes, and facility changes. These activities specifically relate to those the project leader is responsible for completing. This position supports the engineering administration needs and within the Engineering function.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (these are primary responsibilities of the role and the incumbent will perform other duties as assigned):
The responsibilities include many documentation and coordination activities that the project leader is responsible for completing
Some of these responsibilities include:
• Reviewing and routing Requirements Definition
• Assist Quality with preparing FMEAs
• System documentation and other documentation activity deliverables for the IQ, OQ or PQ process.
• Equipment process changes
• Facility changes
• Scheduling and setting up meetings as required
• Maintaining equipment manual system
• Equipment / Process Flow charts
• Preparing project updates and tracking
• Recommends improvements to processes and systems
The documentation specialist is responsible for seeing that all project leader documentation is complete according to current SOP and CQPs and drive the completion of these documents to assure it is completed in a timely and orderly fashion.
Job Requirements (Education, Experience and Qualifications):
• High school diploma or GED required. Some college coursework preferred.
• Minimum 3 years of administrative experience.
• Computer proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, AS400, Outlook and the ability to use: BPLM, Trackwise, Maximo, Visio, etc preferred.)
• Organizational skills to manage multiple project
• Communication skills
Physical / Safety Requirements
• Duties may require overtime work, including nights and weekends
• Use of hands and fingers to manipulate office equipment is required
• Position requires sitting for long hours, but may involve walking or standing for periods of time.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an email to Corporate_Staffing_Deerfield@baxter.com or call 877-229-4748 (877-BaxHR4U) and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.