Service Specialist/CDL Delivery Driver
Baxter International Inc. provides a broad portfolio of essential renal and hospital products, including home, acute and in-center dialysis; sterile IV solutions; infusion systems and devices; parenteral nutrition; biosurgery products and anesthetics; and pharmacy automation, software and services. The company's global footprint and the critical nature of its products and services play a key role in expanding access to healthcare in emerging and developed countries. Baxter's employees worldwide are building upon the company's rich heritage of medical breakthroughs to advance the next generation of healthcare innovations that enable patient care.
This position is responsible for the safe delivery and pick up of products for kidney dialysis patients and dialysis clinics utilizing a Class B CDL vehicle. Additional duties include but not limited to, residential and commercial delivery of products, inventory management, vehicle maintenance, warehouse duties, and ability to provide exceptional customer services to all internal and external customers in a prompt and professional manner. It should be noted that this position requires early departures and varying work hours, often times requiring an overnight stay.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- This is a Field Distribution position of the Renal Division of Baxter HealthCare Corporation.
- Incumbent must work closely with internal and external customers.
- Position requires professionalism and courtesy in all phases of the job.
- Following Standard Operating Procedures and safe driving practices are essential.
- This position requires driving a CDL vehicle 6-12 hours a day, inventory management, physical capability to hand carry of stock due to elevator failure or customer preference, accurate record keeping and compliance of all Department of Transportation (DOT) rules and regulations as well as adherence to all Baxter policies and procedures.
Qualifications for this role
- Driving a CDL straight truck 35-45%
- Delivering Supplies 30%
- Rotating Supplies 05%
- Inventory Checks 03%
- Loading trucks-varies with location 05%
- Vehicle Inspections 02%
- Paperwork/computer entry 05%
- Picking up supplies for return to warehouse 05%
This position is primarily heavy physical work with frequent lifting; carrying objects 25-37 pounds or more on a repetitive basis. An average delivery consists of 30 cases, at 824 pounds. Each case is lifted from the floor of the truck, or a stack, (possibly chest high), and placed on a hand truck, wheeled into a patient’s home, then lifted off the hand truck and placed on the floor, or lifted onto an existing stack. In a warehouse 15% In truck driving 40% In patients home making deliveries 45%
Hazards Include: Driving a truck in variable weather conditions Pushing and pulling a hand truck loaded (total weight of 165-200 lbs) Some are dead lifts up stairs, into basements, attics, or into a garage Often requires pulling out an aluminum ramp or liftgate from the truck Manual lifting of cartons