Production Technician III
Baxter provides a broad portfolio of essential renal and hospital products, including home, acute and in-center dialysis; sterile IV solutions; infusion systems and devices; parenteral nutrition; surgery products and anesthetics; and pharmacy automation, software and services. The company’s global footprint and the critical nature of its products and services play a key role in expanding access to healthcare in emerging and developed countries. Baxter’s employees worldwide are building upon the company’s rich heritage of medical breakthroughs to advance the next generation of healthcare innovations that enable patient care.
- Responsible for following and enforcing GMPs, safety rules and regulations.
- Perform equipment preparation and operation for the filling manufacturing Glass and Vials Solutions.
- Coordinate machine set-up and prep activities to production schedules.
- Maintain contact with upstream and downstream equipment and personnel to ensure awareness of any product or process problems.
- Conduct periodic audit for inventories used for the department.
- Document process abnormalities and take corrective actions, immediately report abnormalities and corrective actions to supervision.
- Troubleshoot equipment problems. Make required adjustments and minor equipment repairs as needed. Perform minor routine equipment preventive maintenance as needed.
- Maintain production records and document raw materials used in production.
- Perform department responsibilities such as changeovers, line clearances, material movement and TIQ (total integrated quality) checks.
- Use blueprints, specifications, bill of materials, and Standard Operating Procedures to ensure product process acceptability.
- Participate in ongoing review of SOPs and initiate document changes when needed.
- Perform department safety audits and housekeeping responsibilities.
- Must have knowledge of both plant and department environmental health and safety regulations and comply with said regulations accordingly.
- Participate and lead process activities in validation projects for equipment, developmental and or stability runs.
- Promote/participate teamwork in continuous improvement efforts and process management teams.
- Communicate effectively with department employees, management, quality, engineering, and maintenance.
- Must have the ability to review batch documentation for correctness and completion.
- Analyze/trend performance data such as scrap, rework, downtime, etc.
- Perform relief duties for other personnel when required.
- Perform material movement, inventory management and audits as needed.
- Attend training programs as required. Participate and assist in the training of new personnel.
- Utilize PRMS system for keying of production data.
- Must perform all other duties and responsibilities as determined by supervision/management.
- Requires High School diploma or equivalent with 3 to 4 years related manufacturing or quality experience, AA/AS degree with 2 to 3 years of related experience, or BA/BS degree with 1-2 years related experience.
- Mechanical aptitude required. Additional technical experience, training, and education are a plus.
- Be inquisitive in nature and be able to formulate plans to solve problems.
- Possess good communication skills both oral and written.
- Possess some computer skills such as Microsoft Office software.
- Willing to work a flexible work schedule and overtime as required.
- Must be able to function in a team environment and work well in groups.
- Must be able to read, understand, and follow GMPs, SOPs, Specifications, BOMs and all guidelines as they relate to the process.
- Write effective documents and maintain Good Documentation Practices.
- Have and maintain a low absenteeism record.
- Must have good interpersonal and communication skills for routine interaction with plant employees at all levels.
- Knowledge of lockout/tag-out safety procedures.
- Knowledge of environmental, health and safety procedures.
- Self motivator.
- Must have the completed the CRC requirements for this position.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to lift, push, and pull up to 50 pounds repetitively.
- Audiometric testing and hearing protection required.
- Ability to climb over ladders.
- Ability to lift above shoulders up to 2 pounds repetitively.
- Meet visual acuity requirements as documented in Baxter Cleveland Visual Acuity Procedure CL-01-01-037.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an email to Corporate_Staffing_Deerfield@baxter.com or call 877-229-4748 (877-BaxHR4U) and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.