Junior Credit & Collections - 6 month contract -Fluent German
Baxter International Inc. provides a broad portfolio of essential renal and hospital products, including home, acute and in-centre dialysis; sterile IV solutions; infusion systems and devices; parenteral nutrition; bio-surgery products and anaesthetics; and pharmacy automation, software and services. The company’s global footprint and the critical nature of its products and services play a key role in expanding access to healthcare in emerging and developed countries. Baxter’s 50,000 employees worldwide are building upon the company’s rich heritage of medical breakthroughs to advance the next generation of healthcare innovations that enable patient care.
Finance Shared Services Centre (SSC)
Our SSC was set up in 2000 and is based in Deansgrange, Co Dublin. We support a number of Baxter’s European businesses. Operations include: accounts payable; accounts receivable; intercompany accounting; general ledger; fixed assets; intercompany; inventory accounting and treasury accounting. Ours is a multilingual and multicultural environment and we take pride in delivering exceptional service to our customers. We can offer a great benefits package including professional examination support and an excellent career path; we are a Platinum approved ACCA employer.
Credit and Collections Specialist - fluent German
Purpose of Role:
The main purpose of the role is to carry out cash collections tasks on behalf of a number of Baxter entities, ensuring that a quality and prompt service is provided at all times.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Ensuring that the supported market is achieving required targets and that reports and metrics related to the supported markets are fed to management staff on time and that all deadlines are adhered to
- Regular review of debtors with relevant stakeholders to aim for follow up actions
- Identification of possible issues or concerns that may impede payment
- Highlighting and escalation of any issues related to collections to ensure no delay in payments
- Implementation of action plans which ensure timely collection of debts
- Cash application tasks as required
- Ensuring adherence to credit terms and managing credit limits in accordance with agreed policies
- Implementation of credit limit changes when required and approved
- Collation of high quality dispute information
- Contacting customers by telephone as part of the daily routine, to engage with customers in relation to their accounts
- Routine telephone calls and follow-up emails to delinquent customers in an efficient, timely and effective manner
- Maintaining a professional interaction and a positive attitude with Baxter personnel and customers at all times
PROCESS EXCELLENCE & CONTINUOUS IMPROVEMENT
- Supporting management staff with implementation of procedures
- Ability to suggest, demonstrate, implement and support process improvement ideas and initiatives
- Implementation of new procedures ensuring that they meet the business’ objectives.
- Prepare and analyse report for aging, collections and DSO
- Participation in the SOX self-test program
- Support of in- and external audit requests
- Ensure compliance with all local laws and regulations regarding cash collections and debt recovery
- Conduct all activities in accordance with the various policies, processes and procedures that are embedded within Baxter.
- A minimum of 2 years’ relevant experience, preferably in an accounts receivable and/or credit control role.
- Good working knowledge of JD Edwards (desirable),and MS office, especially Excel, and the ability to learn and adapt to new software technologies
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with fluency in English and German to communicate effectively via email and phone by utilizing proper grammar
- Strong Customer Service Focus and high attention to detail
- Ability to work well under pressure with a well-developed sense of urgency and follow through
- Ability to develop and maintain professional working relationships with co-workers and peers as well as internal and external customers
- Ability to adapt to an ever-changing environment which requires flexibility, especially around processes (which are subject to change and which can include work on public holidays, weekends and some late evenings)
- Ability to work unsupervised and use own initiative and to make a discretionary decision based on own research
- Initiative to take on additional responsibilities geared towards professional growth and development
- Perform related duties as assigned and project work as required