Mgr I, Engineering (Pipeline)
Req #: 170000IL_en
Location: Round Lake, IL US
Job Category: Engineering
Date Posted: 8/11/2017 10:42:50 AM
DescriptionEvery day, Baxter touches the lives of millions of patients and providers worldwide who rely on our essential hospital and renal products and services. You’ll find Baxter’s products and therapies on nearly every floor, in almost every hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. Baxter’s employees are building upon the company’s rich heritage of medical breakthroughs to advance the next generation of healthcare innovations that enable patient care. Our commitment to our mission means we are there when patients and healthcare professionals need us, during the critical moments that matter most.
Manage successful completion of projects within boundaries of quality, time and budget. Based on significant technical expertise, reviews and approves complex design concepts. Provides technical direction to staff. Recognized as expert by peers and other personnel within the business. Display general understanding of theories/practices of a variety of disciplines.
1. Manage a variety of complex issues in associated projects, plans and schedules project implementation.
Responsible for defining scope of work for project team.
2. Manage, identify, hire, develop and recognize technical staff;
the team may include senior level engineers and technicians.
Provide technical direction.
3. Design new or improved products or process systems.
4. Review and approve technical feasibility of complex design
concepts and analysis of technologies that incorporate own area
of expertise as well as multiple disciplines.
5. Review and analyze proposals to determine if benefits derived and possible applications justify expenditures. Recommend
proposal to management for consideration and allocation of
funds. Responsible for preparation of project cost estimates up
to multi-million dollar range. Monitors all project expenditures
and cost tracking.
6. Responsible for policy setting and defining procedures for the
staff in accomplishing and documenting projects. Provides input
on overall engineering department policy.
7. Approve protocols and support documentation (engineering change requests, system change forms, etc.) in order to secure project release. This is a "technical approver" position.
8. Proactively and regularly communicate with regions and plants
(directly or through marketing) to update development progress and maintain region support.
- BS in relevant engineering discipline, 8-10 years experience.
- Must be well versed in engineering disciplines (e.g.fluid flow, thermodynamics, heat transfer, static's and dynamics, engineering materials). Must possess knowledge of related disciplines.
- Knowledge of GMPs, FDA guidelines, purchasing practices and process validation.
- Must be self-motivated, have good interpersonal skills, capable of analyzing and solving complex problems through innovative thought and experience.
- Ability to design and implement in own area of expertise.
- Be involved in at least one industry interest group.
- Has demonstrated effective supervisory skills.