Renal Territory Sales Specialist - Western Canada
Baxter provides a broad portfolio of essential renal and hospital products, including home, acute and in-center dialysis; sterile IV solutions; infusion systems and devices; parenteral nutrition; surgery products and anesthetics; and pharmacy automation, software and services. The company’s global footprint and the critical nature of its products and services play a key role in expanding access to healthcare in emerging and developed countries. Baxter’s employees worldwide are building upon the company’s rich heritage of medical breakthroughs to advance the next generation of healthcare innovations that enable patient care.
Drive sustainable long-term sales growth with existing, and new customers, through team-work with marketing, account management and clinical services, focused opportunity management and consultative sales process. Shared accountability for product and self directed learning and development in conjunction with Baxter’s Leadership Expectations. The specialist is expected to be the subject matter expert regarding the product and the therapy within Renal and is accountable for the achievement of activity, sales targets and maintaining the pipeline of opportunities in their territory.
Manage and plans sales to achieve sales targets leveraging Business Unit Profiles to identify opportunity targets.
• Promote a high degree of awareness of Baxter’s products, services, programs, and therapies with customers to achieve sales targets through the use of clinical tools and resources.
• Accountable for the implementation of SBU sales process through participation in Account Planning and Alignment process as required.
• Execution of the sales POA (Plan of Action)
• Lead contracting cycle as required.
• Apply product and market expertise to promote a high-degree of awareness and early adoption of Baxter products and sales
• Manage the sales funnel annual operating plan and future (pipeline of opportunities)
• Effective utilization of sales and marketing tools including ,Opportunity Management System in Sales Force.com
Customer relationship and Territory Management:
• Business Unit Profile and Marketing corporate tasks and forecast, maintaining pipeline and planning growth (managing pipeline)
o Accountable for building and maintaining long term relationships with key therapeutic customers in order to: Develop Sales Opportunities
o Ensure Long Term maintenance of the business through expert support
• Problem solve and own customer issues, while ensuring all parties and team members are kept informed of relevant information and resolution, in order to enhance customer loyalty and revenue generation. Calm and collected with the ability to resolve issues without panicking.
• Maintain knowledge of competitive practices to better position Baxter to win.
• Provide feedback and keep in close communication with Sales Management/Marketing around customer needs, sales objections, competitive advantage levers and competitor’s activities and information.
• Identify in which market segment customer belongs and execute appropriate sales and marketing tactics as per sales POA.
Key Targets for Renal
• Nephrology Nurses, Technologist, nephrologists, Purchasers
Timely and efficient completion of administrative tasks:
• Expense reports, internal and external communication, conferences etc.
• Market intelligence: market surveys, communicate competitor intelligence
Maintain product / therapy expertise:
• Training and self directed learning
• Responsible for self directed maintenance of product and therapy expertise
• Attend company training and utilize of clinical resources to enhance knowledge and learning.
• Attend trade shows, conferences and conventions as required.
• Participate in yearly customer Renal survey exercise for all accounts and work closely with Renal Marketing on selective projects requiring field input
• Completion of monthly forecasting, call planning, CAPE calls and submit to Renal Sales Specialty Manager.
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
• A minimum of 3 years of Renal experience focusing on dialysis monitors
Major Subjects / Specialties
• Health Science and/or Administration
Type of Experience
• Sales Experience
• Experience in a hospital environment
Years of Experience
• 3-5 years minimum with Hemodialysis monitors
Additional Skills / Special Training / Technical Skills Required
• Excellent analytical skills in relation to budget and cost studies
• Strong interpersonal skills geared towards effective negotiation, presentation and communication
• Good time and priority management and project management skills
• Strong account management acumen and consultative selling skills
• Ability to be autonomous while working effectively in a team setting
• Knowledge of commercial software such as MS word, Excel, PowerPoint, LRMF,Boost,4DX
• An average of 40 to 50% travelling time.
• Clinical knowledge re: end-stage renal disease and dialysis (an asset) with trouble shooting skills
A Career That Matters
Baxter’s employees are united in a mission to save and sustain lives. We are passionate about applying scientific innovation to meet the needs of the millions of people worldwide who depend on our medically necessary therapies and technologies. We focus on increasing access to healthcare, innovating in crucial areas of unmet need, and pursuing creative collaborations that bring our mission to life for patients every day.
Thank you for your interest and application to Baxter. All applications will be reviewed and those candidates selected for consideration will be contacted directly.
Baxter is committed to creating and maintaining a barrier-free environment for all employees and customers. We believe in integration and equal opportunity and we are committed to treating all people with dignity and respect.