Pharmacy Manager – Christchurch
Baxter provides a broad portfolio of essential renal and hospital products, including home, acute and in-centre dialysis; sterile IV solutions; infusion systems and devices; parenteral nutrition; surgery products and anaesthetics; and pharmacy automation, software and services. The company’s global footprint and the critical nature of its products and services play a key role in expanding access to healthcare in emerging and developed countries. Baxter’s employees worldwide are building upon the company’s rich heritage of medical breakthroughs to advance the next generation of healthcare innovations that enable patient care.
A great opportunity has become available for a Pharmacy Manager to join our team in Christchurch, reporting to the Senior Manager, Pharmacy Operations, your primary responsibilities is the effective management of the pharmacy facility to ensure product quality and business measures are met, whilst also maintaining effective people management and development and vigilance in protecting employee health and safety. Maintaining a sound working relationship with key customers both internal and external through regular communication.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Overall people management of the Pharmacy Team
- Providing leadership development, coaching and motivation
- Site workforce planning including resourcing
- Recruitment and retention of staff
- Performance reviews and career development for direct reports and oversight of development plans for other staff
- Managing escalated staff counselling and conflict resolution
- Oversight of training ensuring strategic direction of onsite training is supported and implemented at a site level (e.g. cross functional training)
- Oversight of implementation of EHS policies and procedures
- Budget Management (capital, overhead and headcount)
- Long term business objectives
- Ensure process and productivity improvement initiatives are implemented at a site level
- Ensure implementation of continuous improvement initiatives
- Facility and equipment management
- Ensure quality standards and procedures are being maintained
- Audit involvement
- Oversight of QA incidents and investigations
- Management of escalated events
- Business /Operational Reviews, as required
- Manage customer relationships, as required
- Work with Pharmacy Services and Nutrition Sales team on identified business opportunities
- Liaising with Sales and Marketing team, as required
- Point of escalation for all daily operational matters
- Prioritising and maintaining business and operational strategies
- Responsibility for Release is delegated to Pharmacy Manager by QA Director ANZ
Do you have what it takes to build a career here?
Essential Skills and Qualifications
- Pharmaceutical Degree, Science Degree or approved equivalent qualification
- Leadership and Management skills (minimum 3 years’ experience)
- Sound decision making skills.
- Ability to build and maintain effective relationships with internal/external customers
- Negotiation skills
Desirable Skills and Qualifications
- Sound business acumen
- Experience in aseptic compounding
- Knowledge of the Code of Good Manufacturing Practice
A Career That Matters
Baxter’s employees are united in a mission to save and sustain lives. We are passionate about applying scientific innovation to meet the needs of the millions of people worldwide who depend on our medically necessary therapies and technologies. We focus on increasing access to healthcare, innovating in crucial areas of unmet need, and pursuing creative collaborations that bring our mission to life for patients every day.
Apply today and
experience a career that matters! Applications close 20th April 2018.
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by law.