Sup II-Information Technology-Project Management-IT
Purpose of this position:
Under limited supervision, manages and coordinates the integrated project plans, including implementation schedules, issues, risk, actions and resource estimates. Secures that all projects management and tracking go through the PM or Implementation methodology stages. Projects types under his/her responsibility can be: Automations, Process Improvement; Process re-engineering and Implementations. Also manages schedules and resource estimates for projects. This person may also support Regional projects. The Project Manager supports the operational areas to identify project needs and benefits. The project analyst leads the team through the project management stages: initiation, planning, execution, monitoring and control, closing and control. He / She is in charge of the team conformation and coordination. He / She leads the meetings and provides periodic project’s status. He/she supports the Project Management Supervisor in defining team growth strategy.
Project Management of complex / transition projects
- Develops integrated project plans, implementation schedules, risk management, change management, issue management and cost estimates for major, long-term projects; prepares and manages annual budgets and performs periodic cost and productivity analysis.
- Utilizes project management methods, tools and rigor throughout the life of the project.
- Possesses the ability to handle multiple tasks in a detail oriented manner.
- Coordinates the involvement of the Core Team members, technical leaders, Process Owner and Process Improvement Analyst throughout the project.
- Makes decisions quickly when necessary, yet understands the need to base decisions on both hard and soft data. Able to make project decisions from a business perspective.
- Escalates issues appropriately through pre-defined channels and bounces back when problems persist.
- Provides summary status reports to the organization’s management team at monthly oversight meetings.
- Represents the project to various institutional divisions and components as well as to various external entities.
- Document all projects based on PM documentation checklist, in both hardcopy and softcopy.
Project Management Leadership Support
- Supports other Project Managers to develop their own PM documentation. Guide them so they can comply with PMO standards. Secure that other Project Managers comply with all documentation for all projects
- Participates in the establishment, organization, and implementation of short- and long-range goals, objectives, policies, and operating procedures; monitors and evaluates program effectiveness and effects changes required for improvement.
- Communicates regularly with executive management and administration regarding the status of current project initiatives; obtains executive guidance and approval as required to advance initiatives.
- Identify, make proposals and implement new improvements to the PM methodologies.
- Support Regional and Corporate projects from a strategic and PM stand point.
- Training: Train other Project Managers on onboarding processes. Seek new training opportunities.
- Support and get involved in the annual projects prioritization process: Identify new projects, assess new projects, classify new projects and determine a new proposal for project portfolio for each period.
ACADEMIC REQUIREMENTS AND EXPERIENCE
-Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or related area; at least 5 years of experience that is directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
-Project Management degree or PM experience.
-Experience in Process Improvement projects
-Experience on leader multicultural teams
· Bilingual (English / Spanish)
· Computer knowledge ( Office, Visio)
· Ability to deal with customers
· Team work player
· Work under pressure
· Ability in the interpersonal relationships
· Customer Service oriented
· Capability to work with minimum supervision
· Ability to create projection and planning
· Ability to develop, plan, and implement short-and long-range goals.
· Capability to see potential risks before they arrive.
· Knowledge of project management principles, practices, techniques and tools.
· PMP Certification
· Master in Project Management
· Knowledge of Portuguese