Senior Accountant - Switzerland
Responsible for general ledger and subledger closing
Performing trial balance reviews and balance sheet reconciliations
Maintaining and controlling the finance ERP automatic processes to support accounting and reporting
Perform monthly, quarterly and annual accounting activities
Supporting data integrity and preparation of financial information ensuring completeness, accuracy, timeliness and accessibility of financial information (US GAAP, statutory and tax accounting)
Collaborating with Centres of Expertise and Service Delivery Partners in execution of end to end finance processes
As an individual contributor and team member; develop and deliver process documentation, training content
Actively participate in projects/initiatives to achieve continuous process improvement
Who you are
· 10+ years of relevant professional experience
· Experience of operational responsibility in finance/accounting environment
· Demonstrated capability to understand accounting outcomes
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills
· Strong IT skills including knowledge of an ERP system (e.g. Oracle-JDE) and Microsoft Office suite.
· Ability to multitask and prioritise work effectively
· A capacity for hard work, with high commitment and a “self-starter” approach.
· Ability to work in a team orientated cross-functional environment
· Fluent in written and spoken English
· Master’s degree in Finance/Accounting or qualified ACCA/CIMA or equivalent body
- Ability and willingness to travel both domestically and internationally as required
- Demands of the role may require additional hours at critical times and Public Holidays (e.g. month end) may be required.
- Experience in JD Edwards is an advantage