Req #: 180005HW_en
Location: Marion, NC US
Job Category: Engineering
Date Posted: 3/6/2018 3:01:26 PM
Baxter provides a broad portfolio of essential renal and hospital products, including home, acute and in-center dialysis; sterile IV solutions; infusion systems and devices; parenteral nutrition; surgery products and anesthetics; and pharmacy automation, software and services. The company's global footprint and the critical nature of its products and services play a key role in expanding access to healthcare in emerging and developed countries. Baxter's employees worldwide are building upon the company's rich heritage of medical breakthroughs to advance the next generation of healthcare innovations that enable patient care.
Perform routine to moderately complex design and drafting functions in support of various areas such as manufacturing, research, marketing, etc. utilizing appropriate technology or tools such 2D & 3D CAD, etc.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Under immediate supervision, provides routine to moderately complex drafting services including layout drawings and preparation of detailed blueprints, schematics, maps, charts and graphs.
- Prepare preliminary layouts, designs, and technical illustrations, etc. utilizing appropriate methods such as CAD/CAM technology or other.
- Reviews engineering drawings and supporting documentation to verify adherence to standard practices.
- Resolves details not completely defined.
- Uses mathematical formulas to check dimensions and tolerances.
- Learn, understand and apply rigorous quality standards, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP).
- Sustain a clean and safe work area using 6S principles including maintaining and securing provided tools.
Qualifications for this role
- Must be willing to travel for training.
- Must have basic English written and oral communication skills adequate to communicate with other team members.
- Understand verbal and written safety and quality instructions and read and comprehend written work instructions including words and drawings.
- Must be able to perform basic mathematics.
Education & Experience
Associates degree or equivalent with 1 year of related experience.
Other Duties as Assigned
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Overtime is worked as required.
A Career that Matters
Baxter's employees are united in a mission to save and sustain lives. We are passionate about applying scientific innovation to meet the needs of the millions of people worldwide who depend on our medically necessary therapies and technologies. We focus on increasing access to healthcare, innovating in crucial areas of unmet need, and pursuing creative collaborations that bring our mission to life for patients every day.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an email to Corporate_Staffing_Deerfield@baxter.com or call 877-229-4748 (877-BaxHR4U) and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.