Req #: 180001XL_en
Location: Bangalore, KA IN
Job Category: Information Technology
Date Posted: 2/21/2018 4:09:27 AM
Baxter provides a broad portfolio of essential renal and hospital products, including home, acute and in-centre dialysis; sterile IV solutions; infusion systems and devices; parenteral nutrition; bio surgery products and anaesthetics; and pharmacy automation, software and services. The company’s global footprint and the critical nature of its products and services play a key role in expanding access to healthcare in emerging and developed countries. Baxter’s employees worldwide are building upon the company’s rich heritage of medical breakthroughs to advance the next generation of healthcare innovations that enable patient care.
Baxter is looking for an Application Support Engineer to join a highly dynamic team, to provide end to end application support to the mission critical connected healthcare Application.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for Level 2 support which includes SOP based work orders, incidents and preliminary investigations
- Undertake and ensure timely resolution of incidents and work orders per SLAs
- Collaborate with Level 1 and Level 3 support teams, and stakeholders
- Ensure timely escalation of issues that cannot be resolved at Level 2
- Enable L1 teams to be self-sufficient to resolve known issues
- Build application knowledge and be updated on application changes
- Familiarize with monitoring and monitoring tools to proactively identify issues and deep-dive into symptoms/issues for service restoration
- Ability to troubleshoot, debug code, identify root cause and resolve issues with minimal supervision. Responsible to maintain SOP documents and keep it up-to-date.
Java Developer, Java, J2EE, Spring MVC, JDBC, ORM Tools (HIBERNET, IBATIS)
Spring Frameworks, JMS or Spring integration and Web services (SOAP and REST).
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or a related field, or equivalent experience require Maven or ant script for deployment tools
Excellent knowledge of Relational Databases, SQL and ORM technologies (JPA, Hibernate)
Experience in the Spring Framework with integration technology like JMS or spring integration
Education and/or Experience:
3-6 years’ experience in application support / development
BE/MCA /M.Sc. degree or equivalent bachelor degree
A Career That Matters
Baxter’s employees are united in a mission to save and sustain lives. We are passionate about applying scientific innovation to meet the needs of the millions of people worldwide who depend on our medically necessary therapies and technologies. We focus on increasing access to healthcare, innovating in crucial areas of unmet need, and pursuing creative collaborations that bring our mission to life for patients every day.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.