Sr. Manager, Operations Excellence
Baxter provides a broad portfolio of essential renal and hospital products, including home, acute and in-center dialysis; sterile IV solutions; infusion systems and devices; parenteral nutrition; surgery products and anesthetics; and pharmacy automation, software and services. The company’s global footprint and the critical nature of its products and services play a key role in expanding access to healthcare in emerging and developed countries. Baxter’s employees worldwide are building upon the company’s rich heritage of medical breakthroughs to advance the next generation of healthcare innovations that enable patient care.
As a core member of the Corporate Operational Excellence Training and Support team, this person will support the vision, strategic direction, development and management of the Training and Support group. This role is responsible for developing and delivering world class training to meet the training needs (GB, BB, MBB, Problem Solving) of Global Operations and Support Functions. This individual should be a strong team player with highly developed communication and presentation skills. This position reports to the Director of Operational Excellence, Training and Support.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Assists and Works with the Global Operational Excellence Directors to establish training and support goals and objectives to meet their Six Sigma and Lean training needs as well as other training needs as they may develop.
- Develops, maintains, deploys, and delivers OpEx training (GB, BB, MBB, Problem Solving, and other ad hoc needed training)
- Schedule, publish, and communicate training schedules with Global OpEx Directors and local OpEx Leaders
- Coaches and mentor division-wide Black Belt and Green Belt candidates to ensure timely completion of their quality and/or cost focused projects- ultimately leading to the candidate’s certification.
- Assists the Global directors to improve GB and BB certification rates by developing exam prep sessions and training aids.
- Mentors and develops the skills of the Training and Support team members.
- Works with IT to optimize and maintain the candidates’ database and the OpEx training website.
- Ensures that the training material content meets the Baxter training objectives and the training needs of Baxter. Continuously evaluate ways to improve the training quality and best practice sharing.
- Ensure each site has local OpEx support infrastructure and deployment plan
- Works closely with the site management to better understand how corporate OpEx can assist the sites in their continuous improvement journey.
- Develops a site level OpEx team support and deployment plan.
- Assists in the coordination and development of the organization’s Operational Excellence deployment plan to include EMS, VIP, Certification Programs, Best Practices Sharing, and others.
- Assists leadership in establishing baseline and target metrics for key processes.
- Works with leadership in installing organizational supports for Operational Excellence (reviews, communications, rewards, software, etc.)
- 50% travel -some international
Qualifications for this role
Must have experience teaching GB/BB training courses
- Must have experience managing teams and developing support programs
- Must have Six Sigma Black Belt certification, Master Black Belt preferred
- Must have a working knowledge of LEAN tools and DMAIC methodology
- Must be able to function in a team environment.
- Must be able to directly lead and/or co-lead high-impact process improvement projects.
- Ability to manage multiple projects.
- Demonstrated skills in planning, budgeting and project management directed toward achievement of business goals.
- Proven skills working with cross-functional teams.
- Strong negotiating and influencing skills. The ability to drive change.
- Excellent reading, writing and verbal communication and platform skills in local language as well as in English.
- Strong teaching and presentation skills required.
- Strong analytical/statistical problem solving skills.
- Strong Coaching and Facilitation skills.
- Advanced skills in Minitab, MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
Education and Experience
BS/BA degree or equivalent degree in Business Management, Engineering, or other related field of study. MBA, MS or other technical graduate degree preferred.
- Certified Black Belt, solid knowledge of LEAN Manufacturing principles with a minimum of 7 years of business operations and/or plant manufacturing or engineering experience, which includes a minimum of 3+ years of demonstrated process improvement success.
- More than 20 hours teaching experience in GB/BB training courses
- Broad business knowledge and ability to link customer needs with business processes.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience working in an international company, interacting with diverse locations across the globe.
A Career That Matters
Baxter’s employees are united in a mission to save and sustain lives. We are passionate about applying scientific innovation to meet the needs of the millions of people worldwide who depend on our medically necessary therapies and technologies. We focus on increasing access to healthcare, innovating in crucial areas of unmet need, and pursuing creative collaborations that bring our mission to life for patients every day.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to Americas_TTA@baxter.com and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.