DevOps Engineer - Digital Products Operations
Every day, Baxter touches the lives of millions of patients and providers worldwide who rely on our essential hospital and renal products and services.
You’ll find Baxter’s products and therapies on nearly every floor, in almost every hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. Baxter’s employees are building upon the company’s rich heritage of medical breakthroughs to advance the next generation of healthcare innovations that enable patient care.
This is exciting time in the Digital Product Operations team that maintains Baxter’s Customer facing Web, Mobile and Internet of Things (IoT) applications. We offer the chance to work in a global environment focused on innovations and cutting edge technologies.
Baxter is looking for a DevOps Engineer to join a highly dynamic team, to support and automate the development, build, test and deployment of a mission critical connected healthcare system. In addition to the daily system development and administration work, DevOps engineers are the solution providers and enablers, drive the automation, integration and innovation in Operations, to bring higher level of agility, availability, quality, and cost effectiveness to the business.
• Build the deployment scripts and drive deployments for mission critical applications.
• Drive productivity with focus on automation and continuous improvement.
• Develop and manage the processes and scripts for software build, integration and deployment, and be able to troubleshoot and identify root causes.
• Collaborate with key stakeholders, including Scrum and Delivery teams to meet business goals.
• Define and ensure adherence to Quality processes, carry out Installation and Operation Qualification procedures for medical device software.
• Work with developers, testing team, and peers to design and develop automated solutions for continuous build, test, and deployment.
• Identify industry best practices/solutions and pursue continuous improvement opportunities in SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle) processes and practices, relentlessly drive for standardization, automation and self-services.
• Strong communicator who partners with team for production deployment / release, knowledge transfer and documentation.
• Proven experience with large scale, customer facing, global solutions.
• BE/MCA /M.Sc degree
• Overall experience required: 5-6 years:
• Experience with Linux (Redhat, Centos, or Ubuntu) system administration, fluent with shell scripting. Experience with Windows server administration and tools, including Powershell.
• Cloud Operations experience, including designing/establishing infrastructure utlilizing:
o Cloud Infrastructure (PAAS & IAAS)
o OS - Wintel and Unix & Guest OS - VMware or similar
o Oracle or any RDBMS database systems
o IoT Platforms
• Experience with Tomcat, Liferay Portal and IBM MQ Servers
• Development or administration experience with Oracle Database.
• Working knowledge with JMS/messaging queue, network, security and virtualization.
• Experience with most of the SDLC tools, such as:
o SVN, Git
o Maven and/or Ant
o Jenkins for Continuous Integration
o Artifactory or other package management tools
o JIRA for agile planning and issue tracking
o Selenium Web Driver
o Tomcat server
o Apache web server
• Experience with Configuration Management with Puppet or Chef or Ansible are highly desired.
• Experience with load testing, in particular jMeter & Mercury Load runner
• Java and Spring development experience are highly desired.
• Must be a self-motivator and team player.
• Passionate with continuous learning and keeping up with latest technologies.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an email to Corporate_Staffing_Deerfield@baxter.com or call 877-229-4748 (877-BaxHR4U) and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.