Baxter provides a broad portfolio of essential renal and hospital products, including home, acute and in-center dialysis; sterile IV solutions; infusion systems and devices; parenteral nutrition; surgery products and anesthetics; and pharmacy automation, software and services. The company's global footprint and the critical nature of its products and services play a key role in expanding access to healthcare in emerging and developed countries. Baxter's employees worldwide are building upon the company's rich heritage of medical breakthroughs to advance the next generation of healthcare innovations that enable patient care.
This position is part of Baxter's Global Services Engineering team which is responsible for engineering support and process development for technical repair, maintenance and support services for a global installed base of nearly 1 million medical devices. This position is located in Round Lake, IL and will interact with our geographically dispersed repair and field service facilities. The successful candidate will possess solid "hands-on" technical abilities combined with the excitement and energy needed to support sustaining engineering and operations. This role requires working as part of a team to develop, implement, and improve technical servicing processes for electromechanical products globally. You will support Global Services project assignments to achieve overall product line objectives. Expectations include the measurable optimization of device design, documentation, and processes to support value capture in the post-market product lifecycle.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Supports the implementation of global service strategies and offerings to effectively drive and enable commercialization opportunities.
- Acts independently with minimal supervision to execute engineering projects specifically targeting device post-market cost performance and total cost of ownership.
- Expected to make suggestions on improvements based on recent technical knowledge.
- Modifies existing servicing processes and manuals to support repair and/or refurbishment of fielded products at multiple global sites.
- Works cross-functionally with Marketing, Manufacturing, Sales, Quality, R&D, etc. to achieve product line objectives.
- Supports root cause analysis and implementation of the associated corrective and/or preventative actions.
- Manages routine small projects without assistance.
- Analyzes key servicing metrics to identify and implement opportunities for improvement in service process quality, cost, or product reliability.
Qualifications for this role
- Knowledge of the basic principles in various engineering disciplines.
- Must know how to effectively run projects, coordinate contractors, and direct the activities of a technician.
- Experience with root cause analyses and tools.
- Should have initial training in concepts of Six Sigma quality techniques and Lean manufacturing.
- Ability to work as part of a collaborative team.
- Ability to solve routine design, engineering problems with minimal assistance.
- Must be able to provide solutions that reflect understanding business objectives and cost implications.
- Must have strong analytical skills.
- Must have strong communication skills, both written and oral.
- Should have a working knowledge of value stream mapping activities.
- Must have the ability to travel both domestically and internationally.
Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree in a core engineering discipline (mechanical, electrical, software, systems, or mfg/process engineering) plus 1-3 years of experience. Medical device experience or other regulated industry experience is preferred. Experience in the use of Lean Six Sigma tools is highly desirable. Experience in a commercial manufacturing or service organization is preferred.
A Career That Matters
Baxter's employees are united in a mission to save and sustain lives. We are passionate about applying scientific innovation to meet the needs of the millions of people worldwide who depend on our medically necessary therapies and technologies. We focus on increasing access to healthcare, innovating in crucial areas of unmet need, and pursuing creative collaborations that bring our mission to life for patients every day.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to Americas_TTA@baxter.com and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.