- Creates new product development and lifecycle management service deliverables throughout the product lifecycle for medical device products involving hardware.
- Supports new product platform releases. Develops and implements service training, test equipment, tools, spare parts, and service manuals / instructions.
- Evaluates / makes recommendations on product releases related to design for serviceability. Creates (or modifies existing) servicing processes and manuals to support repair or refurbishment of fielded product at multiple global sites or in the field.
- Works closely with design team to select, develop, and implement technologies across all medical device development programs.
- Analyzes key servicing metrics to identify and implement opportunities for improvement in service process quality, cost, or product reliability.
- Coordinates information flow between corporate and local/regional teams.
- Owns Corrective and Preventive Actions related to the product(s) core team(s) supported, using sound root cause analysis.
- May represent Technical Services on new product development and/or lifecycle management core teams.
- May independently plan, schedule and lead cross-functional teams in detailed phases of the engineering work in a project.
- May approve the work of lower level engineers; may supervise other engineers or technician
- Must be well versed in core engineering disciplines (e.g. mechanical, electrical, software, systems engineering).
- Highly motivated self-starter who is able to work with minimal supervision.
- Must have good interpersonal and oral/written communication skills, good time management, and be capable of analyzing and solving technical problems through innovative thought and application of sound engineering principles and root cause analysis.
- Experience with change control methodologies and configuration management principles is a plus.
- Experience with test engineering and/or reliability engineering principles is a plus.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and draw conclusions based on available information.
- Good understanding of GMP and quality system requirements.
- Must have the ability to travel.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to Americas_TTA@baxter.com and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.