Territory Mgr, Portfolio I - Central Florida
Baxter provides a broad portfolio of essential renal and hospital products, including home, acute and in-center dialysis; sterile IV solutions; infusion systems and devices; parenteral nutrition; surgery products and anesthetics; and pharmacy automation, software and services. The company's global footprint and the critical nature of its products and services play a key role in expanding access to healthcare in emerging and developed countries. Baxter's employees worldwide are building upon the company's rich heritage of medical breakthroughs to advance the next generation of healthcare innovations that enable patient care.
Responsible for sales activities including new account development and/or expanding existing accounts within an established geographic territory, limited industry or product line. Shares job expertise and provides guidance to other sales reps. May fulfill some Region Manager responsibilities as needed
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- May train or mentor less experienced sales representatives
- Responsible for achieving sales quotas through the direct sale of the company's products or services. Implement sales strategies to attain sales volume, product mix and profit objectives
- Calls on prospective customers, masters technical/clinical and administrative product information and/or demonstrations, and quotes appropriate customer prices
- Monitors sales against forecasts and participates in the determination of market potential for the territory
- Works closely with customer service and operations to ensure high levels of customer satisfaction
- Provides feedback to immediate supervisor and marketing personnel for the development of marketing policy, recommended product and product line revisions as well as pricing changes
- Promotes the Baxter Culture through positive, ongoing relationships and activities
- Provides feedback regarding product simplification and standardization to enhance profitability of sales line
- Assists other departments within organization to prepare manuals and technical publications
Qualifications for this role
- Candidate must possess strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral, as well as negotiation and presentation skills.
- Position requires ability to analyze and interpret data for effective sales strategies.
- Travel is required and may involve visits to remote or urban areas either individually or with other personnel.
- Must have good organization and time management skills.
- Ability to understand and adapt to customers' changing needs.
- Demonstrates business acumen and strong knowledge of sales processes.
- Demonstrates leadership and strong decision-making skills
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree with a minimum of 2+ years of successful, relevant healthcare sales experience. Advanced degree a plus
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to Americas_TTA@baxter.com and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.