Electrical Equipment Engineer
To conduct, coordinate and manage equipment related maintenance and improvement activity in order that equipment availability, reliability and capability is continuously improved. Lead equipment related capital investment in association with the Compounding facilities and equipment budget. Ensure all equipment is calibrated and maintained in compliance with the requirements of cGMP, FDA, ISO13485 and EHS Legislation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES
The Electrical Equipment Engineer is accountable and responsible for the following activities:
§ Demonstrate a Safety first approach to every single aspect of the role
§ Trouble shooting, fault finding & resolution to root cause of compounding related plant and equipment
§ To implement the engineering improvement plan for the Dublin Compounding Unit.
§ Heavy focus on reliability of plant and equipment, working relentlessly to ensure that plant availability & OEE metrics are continuously improved
§ To deliver best in class equipment availability and reliability through reactive, preventative and predictive maintenance techniques.
§ To plan and direct the installation, testing, operation, maintenance and repair of all facilities and equipment within the Dublin Compounding Unit
§ To develop and implement Preventative Maintenance procedures & schedules that assures equipment availability and reliability and product quality in line with the Compounding Engineering Strategy and Baxter Perfect Equipment requirements.
§ Active member of the Perfect Equipment Steering Committee.
§ Provide a standardised Perfect Equipment system across the Dublin Compounding Unit in collaboration with local operational staff and the Head of Engineering.
§ To direct and co-ordinate the engineering activities associated with all Compounding plant and equipment, managing contractors, service providers, installation engineers etc.
§ To coordinate and direct engineering projects associated to the Dublin Compounding Unit such that they are completed on time and within budget.
§ To perform administrative functions, review and write reports, and make decisions on the purchase of parts, equipment and services
§ Compliance to Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) or Good Distribution Practices (GDP), as applicable
§ Compliance to Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) requirements
§ To provide engineering support to process and equipment improvement activities in support of increasing equipment OEE and Availability.
§ Team member for the delivery of the Dublin Project portfolio, inclusive of owning and managing both Capital and Improvement projects
§ Identification and management of critical spares inventory for Lund and liaise with other Compounding Units for parts sharing initiatives
· Management of external resources from OEM’s, service providers, calibration providers, installations engineers and any other external resource as necessitated within the Compounding Engineering Strategy
· Review of contractor’s day sheets to enable accuracy of information, problem resolution and cost effectiveness
- Decision Making
· Jobholder will be required to take decisions on prioritising Engineering and Compounding activities.
· Jobholder would consult with other departments on production issues namely Quality and Operations.
· Lead the Equipment portfolio lifecycle analysis aligned with capital expenditure and budget setting
- Working Relationships
· Jobholder has day to day interaction with the Technical Services Manager, Head of Engineering, Head of Service, Unit Managers, Operations, Validation, Quality Management, Production Staff, Contractors, OEM’s etc.
· The jobholder will be required to communicate verbally on the telephone and on e-mail within the immediate team and with others identified above.
· The jobholder will be required to lead and participate in meetings.
· The jobholder will be required to write reports as required.
· Jobholder will be required to carry out daily briefing meetings.
· The jobholder will be required to carry out presentations to the management team when required.
· The jobholder will be expected to attend meetings as required within the Lund Compounding Unit.
§ Degree/Diploma/Trade plus experience in an Electrical related discipline
§ Minimum of 4 years’ experience in a manufacturing role
§ GMP manufacturing environment experience is necessary
§ Knowledge of GMPs in a sterile manufacturing environment
- Technical understanding of cleanroom plant and associated equipment inclusive of validation and requalification
- Experience of operating within maintenance and project engineering functions.
- Knowledge and experience of implementation of continuous improvement activities.
§ Knowledge and experience of implementation of engineering best practice
§ Excellent communication skills, oral and written
§ Highly attentive to detail
§ Proven leadership skills
§ Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
§ Excellent organisational skills
§ A keen interest in learning and developing unit operations to meet the challenges ahead