Quality Engineer II
- Act independently with minimal supervision to conduct smaller
- approved projects. Expected to make suggestion on improvements based on recent technical knowledge
- Investigate and analyze customer service problems and design improvement suggestions. Recommend design improvements
- Develops or participates in the development of solutions to problems specific to assigned project.
- Participates in continuous improvement projects.
- Works with manufacturing and other functional groups on manufacturing regulatory compliance issues.
- Writes, executes, and reports on validation activities. Coordinates validation issues specific to the product design. Writes and/or executes qualification protocols for various pieces of equipment.
- Designs and performs routine testing, project experiments, analysis of data and reports results.
- Performs engineering studies on new equipment to determine proper settings, control points, etc. including data gathering during start up and test batches.
- Initiates new or revisions of protocols/operating instructions specific to the project.
- Performs work assignments within production department that include training, technical support and/or process trouble shooting support.
- Interprets, executes and recommends modifications to operating policies where appropriate.
- Develops manufacturing process flowcharts, including defining people and material flow issues.
- Maintains confidential information as such.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications for this role
- Knowledge of the basic principles in various engineering disciplines.
- Must have initial training in concepts of "Six Sigma" quality techniques.
- Must know how to effectively run projects, coordinate contractors, and direct the activities of a technician.
Education & Experience
BS in Engineering. 1 - 3 years experience.
A Career that Matters
Baxter's employees are united in a mission to save and sustain lives. We are passionate about applying scientific innovation to meet the needs of the millions of people worldwide who depend on our medically necessary therapies and technologies. We focus on increasing access to healthcare, innovating in crucial areas of unmet need, and pursuing creative collaborations that bring our mission to life for patients every day.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an email to Corporate_Staffing_Deerfield@baxter.com or call 877-229-4748 (877-BaxHR4U) and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.