Manufacturing Operator 2nd shift
The Manufacturing Operator position supports aseptic filling operations in the following areas: Capping, Preparation, Formulation and Filling.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Understand and follow current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP)
- Documentation to be legible and compliant with Good Documentation Practice (GDP) procedure
- Perform routine cleanup, line clearances, and sanitizations to maintain cGMP compliance within classified work areas
- Maintain organization at all times within the classified areas to ensure equipment segregation, readiness and to prevent any contamination or rejection of batches.
- Setup and operate equipment per applicable Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Assist in training and development of other team members
- Will be required to cross-train as a support Operator for additional areas
Qualifications for this role
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook and the ability to use enterprise software (examples include: JDE, BPLM, Pilgrim, Trackwise, etc.)
- There are minimum training requirements for each operator level
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Ability to push/pull heavy wheeled objects (ie: tanks, carts, pallet jacks, etc.)
- Must be able to perform overhead work (ie: sanitizing walls and ceilings)
- Physical coordination/flexibility to allow gowning for clean room environments
- Utilize applicable personal protective equipment, including safety shoes/toe caps, gloves, eye protection, heat resistant wear and hearing protection
- Dexterity and physical condition to perform some level of repetitive motion tasks
- Ability to wear respirator when product or task requires
- Eyesight to ensure effective inspection of equipment and/or filled units (corrective lenses acceptable)
- Duties may require overtime work, including nights and weekends
- Use of hands and fingers to manipulate office equipment is required
- Must be able to gown qualify for Grade A/B (Filling) or for C/D (Prep, Capping, Formulation) areas.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED required
- 2 years of experience operating and troubleshooting complex production equipment preferred
- 6 months previous Pharmaceutical Manufacturing experience preferred
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to Americas_TTA@baxter.com and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.