Sr Business Analyst
Partner with department leaders and staff to formulate and deliver exceptional business value by way of process change and project delivery. Through collaboration, discovery, and analysis understand, propose and aid in implementation of improvements to organizational projects, processes, products, and services.
Review, analyze, and evaluate business systems and user needs. Document requirements, define scope and objectives, and formulate systems to parallel business strategies. Provides consultations on complex projects and is considered to be the top level contributor/specialist. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected. Position reports to department manager or director.
1. Analyzes business processes, system integrations, and data flows to formulate requirements.
2. Creates comprehensive business requirements that will be used as an input into technical design, quality assurance, and business process development.
3. Tailors and prioritizes ambiguous requirements, so that the end solution meets business needs and objectives.
4. Identifies the appropriate analysis techniques and selects the proper form of documentation to match the project’s methodology (i.e. agile, waterfall, existing process, new development, or vendor integration).
5. Conducts or facilitates interviews, focus groups, workshops, and meetings to refine project scope and define project requirements.
6. Communicates and collaborates effectively with end users, IT resources, vendors and stakeholders across the organization while gathering requirements, developing and running test cases, and deploying products and solutions.
7. Leads business analysis on multiple / concurrent projects.
8. Drives process maturity by defining, documenting, and implementing process change; identifying performance metrics and measuring the success of change.
9. Orchestrates collaboration between product owner, business sponsors, vendors, subject matter experts, designers, QA and development groups by removing roadblocks and fostering communication.
• Excellent written, verbal communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to effectively interact with architecture, software development, QA and business partners.
• Able to elicit and communicate complex business and technical requirements in a simple manner, with stakeholders across the organization
• Experience facilitating workshops, focus groups, conducting interviews, and leading team meetings to illicit requirements, identify and mitigate risk, or to implement solutions
• Requires technical creativity and a solid understanding of information technology and business processes / drivers being supported.
• Proven project experience defining requirements and process solutions against complex data models that cross multiple internal and third-party systems
• Able to design solutions at a system and process level, and document clear and detailed functional requirements for development and quality assurance
• Extensive experience collaborating with Development and Quality Assurance to create test cases, automate testing, verify test results, and troubleshoot issues.
• Proficient at utilizing Waterfall and Agile project methodologies, tools, and techniques to formulate and implement solutions
• Experience providing consulting and support during Application Development and Quality Assurance phases of the project
• Minimum of 5 yrs. experience as a business analyst with application development, infrastructure management, or vendor software implementations is required
• Experience working in the financial industry on desktop and mobile applications is preferred
• Experience with mortgage lending or financial transaction based systems (i.e. Symitar or Temenos ) or desktop/mobile applications in the financial industry is preferred
• An IIBA membership or CBAP certification is preferred
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to Americas_TTA@baxter.com and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.