Master Data Specialist
Req #: 180000DT_en
Location: Round Lake, IL US
Job Category: Commercial Operations
Date Posted: 1/8/2018 2:59:51 PM
Baxter provides a broad portfolio of essential renal and hospital products, including home, acute and in-center dialysis; sterile IV solutions; infusion systems and devices; parenteral nutrition; surgery products and anesthetics; and pharmacy automation, software and services. The company's global footprint and the critical nature of its products and services play a key role in expanding access to healthcare in emerging and developed countries. Baxter's employees worldwide are building upon the company's rich heritage of medical breakthroughs to advance the next generation of healthcare innovations that enable patient care.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- This position is responsible for new customer set-ups as well as ongoing maintenance and support for existing customers.
- The Customer Master Specialist role will require daily focus on adhering to state tax and prescription licensing and regulations.
- This role requires interactions with internal and external customers via various communication methods.
- This position is responsible for documenting work completed by following departmental policies and procedures, particularly those pertaining to customer verification. Must be able to answer customer questions, facilitate necessary research and resolve issues thoroughly and accurately.
- In this role, the candidate will need to work collaboratively with the following departments: Business Operations, Regulatory, Tax, Credit and Collections, Customer Service, various Sales Representatives, and others.
Qualifications for this role
- Individual must be highly organized, detail oriented and self-motivated.
- Strong ability to prioritize multi-functional activities required.
- Individual must be able to work under pressure, meet identified timelines and be a team player.
- Must possess the ability to analyze current processes and form recommendations to improve.
- Expertise in working in the Windows environment is required. Prior knowledge of JD Edwards is a plus.
- Strong team player with superior collaboration skills. Solid organization skills with ability to prioritize, multi-task, meet deadlines and deliver on commitments. Proficient in Microsoft Office Apps (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio) Demonstrated analytical, diagnostic and problem solving skills.
Currently, work shift schedule hours are 8:30 am - 5:00 pm, but subject to change. Some overtime may be required.
Education & Experience
Bachelor's degree is preferred.
Minimum two to four years relevant professional experience required.
A Career that Matters
Baxter's employees are united in a mission to save and sustain lives. We are passionate about applying scientific innovation to meet the needs of the millions of people worldwide who depend on our medically necessary therapies and technologies. We focus on increasing access to healthcare, innovating in crucial areas of unmet need, and pursuing creative collaborations that bring our mission to life for patients every day.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an email to Corporate_Staffing_Deerfield@baxter.com or call 877-229-4748 (877-BaxHR4U) and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.