Renal Therapy Dev Acct Mgr
Baxter provides a broad portfolio of essential renal and hospital products, including home, acute and in-center dialysis; sterile IV solutions; infusion systems and devices; parenteral nutrition; surgery products and anesthetics; and pharmacy automation, software and services. The company's global footprint and the critical nature of its products and services play a key role in expanding access to healthcare in emerging and developed countries. Baxter's employees worldwide are building upon the company's rich heritage of medical breakthroughs to advance the next generation of healthcare innovations that enable patient care.
The Renal portfolio includes innovative technologies and therapies for peritoneal dialysis (PD), in-center and home hemodialysis (HD), continuous renal replacement therapy (CRRT) (Acute), multi-organ extracorporeal support therapy and additional dialysis services.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Grow CRRT therapy in existing contracted accounts - Focus on high growth potential accounts within territory
- Develop consultative role to promote therapy development, facilitate relationship building and provide necessary customer service within current customer base
- Act as lead for incremental machine sales and key CRRT Product penetration
- Coordinates key activities with the PM to ensure continuity of strategy and prioritization
- Consistently search for and coordinate all growth & expansion opportunities with the PM (considering all 3 therapies)
- Solidifies existing business and associated relationships
- Enhance therapy utilization and drive Baxter value in the acute space
- Assist Renal Clinical Educator -- CRRT & HD with logistics at customer locations
- Assists in contract negotiations with the PM
Qualifications for this role
- Demonstrated ability to take a positive, proactive approach to solving complex and/or unusual clinical or technical problems
- Good interpersonal, communicative and oral skills required
- Demonstrated ability to start new therapy programs
- Proven expertise in product and therapy knowledge
- Demonstrated ability and desire to teach; demonstrated self-confidence and effectiveness in dealing with a wide variety of student types
- Demonstrated ability to manage pricing contracts and renewals
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment and matrixed organization
- Computer knowledge required. (Microsoft Office)
- Ability to interact professionally and effectively with customers, physicians, nurses and other medical staff
- Demonstrated ability to interact in a positive, proactive manner with customers during stressful situations
- Demonstrated top industry performance
- Demonstrated negotiating
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- May be required to load and unload equipment into and out of vehicle
- Ability to travel at least 50% of the time
- Valid driver's license
Credentialing Requirements (applicable to health care industry representatives only)
Able to comply with customer credentialing requirements to gain and maintain access to assigned facilities. Requirements are defined by each customer and typically include health vaccinations, training documentation, drug screens, criminal and personal background checks and information regarding health program sanctions (such as those regulated by the Office of Inspector, the General Service Administration and the Food and Drug Administration)
Education & Experience
- Bachelor's Degree or an RN with an Associate's degree required
- 2+ years sales experience required preferably in the medical device industry, and/or a minimum of 2 years of experience delivering CRRT in the hospital ICU setting
- 2 years of marketing experience with primary focus on the growth and development of a clinical therapy
- Critical Care or Dialysis Nursing background preferred
- Strong, demonstrated expertise in product and therapy knowledge
A Career that Matters
Baxter's employees are united in a mission to save and sustain lives. We are passionate about applying scientific innovation to meet the needs of the millions of people worldwide who depend on our medically necessary therapies and technologies. We focus on increasing access to healthcare, innovating in crucial areas of unmet need, and pursuing creative collaborations that bring our mission to life for patients every day.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an email to Corporate_Staffing_Deerfield@baxter.com or call 877-229-4748 (877-BaxHR4U) and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.